Magnesium dosages and necessity

airbender
on 10/20/15 5:59 pm

I take mg glycinate 800 mg/day (highly soluble and absorbs well) and I take 3150 mg ca citrate, I have osteopenia and both my mother and father have OSTEOPOROSIS, I had metabolic bone disease before DS, challenging. the stated amount is 2:1 ratio of ca:mg, I do well with the dose I take, even though it is not 2:1. mg is important as it is needed to convert VitD to its active form, supresses PTH, needed for ca absorption, balance for bowel movements, etc. I very closely watch, mg, phos, k, ca, vit d, pth as the relationship of these as they are markers to how well I am absorbing and utilizing my calcium.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

PeteA
on 10/20/15 6:33 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I know you may not see this but Thanks for the answer. I haven't seen any studies that support the 2:1 ratio and wonder where exactly people get that from.

PeteA
on 10/24/15 12:37 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I just wanted to say Thank you for all your responses. It's good to know what other people are doing and why they decided on that particular dose / regimen.

Pete