Intestinal problems/ colon issues update

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 9/4/15 4:25 am
DS on 03/10/14

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to let you all know I have still been struggling. This morning I get one last appointment with the DR who performed my emergency appendectomy in January. I'm still very much in pain and I haveZ

done a ton of research looking at my DS and the problems I am having. I absolutely do not believe that the pain and problems are related.  Basically the point of my post today is that I am no longer going to accept that just because I have a DS that all problems in my life from here on out are to be blamed on the DS. I feel that the inflammation and adhesions from the emergency appendectomy actually may be at fault for all of the problems I'm having now and could be effecting my DS. I have been using food as a comfort again lately. I want the people here that are in there first year to be strong and use communication to comfort your fears and anxieties. I haven't gained a pound but I know these old habits are sneaking back into my diet one at a time and eventually the scale and I won't be such good friends anymore. Feel better already just coming clean about my eating problems. By the way for those of u that don't know me I have gone from 478 pounds to 212 in 17 months and if u can do it so can you!!!

Again thanks for all the support-Mike

PeteA
on 9/4/15 8:41 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Huhhh. Adhesions are a real mystery to me. I know they can be a result of any surgery but I'm always amazed at how bad it gets for some people and not others. Except for who would handle it maybe it diesn't matter about the cause just find someone willing to do exploratory and clean them out if that's the problem??? 

Food as comfort. Even without your level of problems I can see how easy it is to fall back into old habits. Keep up the fight on that - things are so much harder with the extra weight that it still isn't worth it. I do find that at a lower weight it's easier to nip it in the bud rather than just not care like  I did pre-op. 

I'll keep you in my thoughts that you find the path to completely enjoy the progress you've made. It shouldn't be so hard to get some help but we have a pretty fractured system with each Doc in a little world of their own sometimes.

Pete

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 9/4/15 12:38 pm
DS on 03/10/14

Thanks Pete! I will keep trying to stay positive and get my diet back under control!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 10:38 am

Mike, congrats on the amazing weight loss you've achieved. I'm inclined to agree with you the medical issues may not be related at all, and in fact your lower weight from the DS may have helped alleviate many potential issues and possibly saved your life.

In any case, keep up the good fight and enjoy your new lease on life with 200lbs less baggage to carry.