Dr. Margaret Inman

maxsmom77
on 8/22/15 11:40 am - Poe-dunk Southern, IN

Looking for a revision from band to DS. Anyone has experience with her?

Yvonne

larra
on 8/22/15 7:47 pm - bay area, CA

I have no personal experience with her, but she has an excellent reputation.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 8/25/15 12:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Her patients love her.  You're in good hands.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

JazzyOne9254
on 8/28/15 12:35 am

She did my DS 5.5 years ago.  Great doctor, pulls no punches, gives it to you straight, no chaser.  She is very, very busy, so make sure you write your questions down prior to any visits so you'll get them all in.  You will likely be seeing Cami, the PA, for many of your post-op visits, unless you have adverse issues.

She is a great DS surgeon.  we are so blessed to have her here in Indiana, and not have to travel elsewhere.  The Bariatric Unit at St. Vincent's Bariatric COE is top shelf.  I'm guessing since you are having a revision, you'll be staying as an inpatient for at least 72 hours.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

maxsmom77
on 8/28/15 8:52 am - Poe-dunk Southern, IN

I had my lapband at the Bariatric Center in Carmel, it was unbelievably nice. Loved it.  Funny enough the doc that put my band in, is in her office. LOL  They gave me an appointment with extra time because of the revision stuff. I have no problems see the PA. My regular "doc" is a NP. I just hope she can figure out how to get my insurance to approve taking out my lapband.  They are saying that although I don't tolerate it, it's not "broken", so they won't pay to have it out. They DO pay for the DS as long as my BMI is over 50 and sadly it is.  I'm excited to get this going.

Yvonne

JazzyOne9254
on 8/28/15 9:07 am

Figure out how to make removal "medically necessary.  They have to pay for it in most cases. 

It it may take a little work, like state insurance board hearings and letter writing by you and the doctors if it gets ridiculous.

The thing about the DS - timidity and introversion are two personality traits that don't play nicely with this procedure, especially with revisions. 

Dig your heels in, and gather as much medical ammunition as you can.

maxsmom77
on 8/28/15 9:11 am - Poe-dunk Southern, IN

Thank goodness I'm not timid or introverted. haha  I'm studying to be a social worker and I FIGHT for people's rights (or will eventually be PAID to).   I'm going to have to call the attorney at some time. Just not sure what to ask them to do. I haven't gotten anything for my money yet, so I may ask them to be put on HOLD until I get a "denial" (hopefully not) with Dr. Inman.

Yvonne

JazzyOne9254
on 8/28/15 6:45 pm

Yvonne-

When I had my DS, I couldn't have asked for a better staff than Dr. inman's for pushing the paperwork through. I didn't have one denial to resubmit!

I think my medical history played a big role, too - WAY over BMI - it was 67 on surgery day! I wanted Lap, but she didn't do them on patients over 50 BMI.

People have different experiences, and I've seen on the board, and heard from some in my support group that their experience was vastly different from mine. Perhaps we had different expectations.

i also like Cami, Dr. Inman's PA.  Again, different people have not had good experiences, and sometimes super high expectations lead to disappointment.  

Dr. Inman has a lot of patients, being that she works out of our state's only Bariatric COE.

Go in with a thorough knowledge of your surgery, and ask lots of  questions.

The best places to find information are on the DS Forum here from the DS vets, and www.dsfacts.com 

Lots of other places too. Feel free to inbox me anytime.