Questions I should ask Dr K tomorrow

Weaura
on 8/19/15 10:57 pm

I have a video conference scheduled for tomorrow afternoon with Dr Keshishian to discuss whether or not he will do a DS on me. I've had 5 open abdominal surgeries since 1984, 4 of them in the last 11 years. I have studied Dr K's site, watched many of the videos, plus I'm trying to re-educate myself about the DS diet. 

What questions should I ask him? I have submitted my information, they've verified my insurance (I think). I don't want to waste his time. I'm not sure what I should ask him and what I should ask his staff. Any advice is appreciated.

PeteA
on 8/21/15 6:20 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Sorry you got no responses on this. For my part I  think the fact that you had all the prior surgeries kind of left me feeling I didn't have much to offer. I hope the video conference went well. I imagine he would be concerned about what he would find from the prior surgeries.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Weaura
on 8/21/15 6:47 am

Thank you, my case is different. Dr K and I had some technical issues with getting the meeting set up so we could see each other, but eventually got it together.

Dr K asked me if I had had a BPD or a BPDS, I told him I thought I'd had a BPDS, but I am not certain. He said since I've had so many surgeries I'm likely to have an extensive amount of scar tissue.

He cannot commit to anything until he has more information, so he sent an order for an upper GI, I faxed the order to the lab, hoping to get it done Monday, then I'll wait and see what he says.

PeteA
on 8/21/15 6:49 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It's good you're moving forward. Good luck!

Weaura
on 8/21/15 6:49 am

Your progress is amazing! Congratulations!