Need Support - 5 Years in October

CaliNik1979
on 8/14/15 6:30 am - Beckley, WV

Hello! I am so thankful this message board is still available. It will be 5 years in October since I had the DS and I have gained  50 back. I have to stop myself from even thinking about it because it gets depressing. It's sad to think I have failed at another attempt,  but I am not a quitter. I am back to get on track.

This week I tried doing the Body Challenge with John Cena to get my nutrition back on track. By day two I couldn't take the sugar withdrawal. I am making things more difficult then it has to be by doing a plan based on only protein and veg. It allowed fruit and dairy smoothie after workouts. I couldn't deal. So I'm here and I greatly appreciate any guidance to get my nutrition in line.

Nik | 36 | 5'3"| HW 305 | SW 286.3 | CW 234.2  | GW 180 | Surgery Comparison Chart
Samaro is my  

Valerie G.
on 8/14/15 10:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I totally get the struggle.  I'm nearly 10 yrs out myself.  My secret is that I only indulge in carbs if they come with protein, and if I am feeling particularly in a need to regain control, I will fill myself up with a protein food first, but save a bite or two for whateverthehellIwant....be it cookie, cake, bread, whatever.  I'm too full to get into trouble.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

CaliNik1979
on 8/14/15 10:43 am - Beckley, WV

That sounds like a smart tactic. So, just do the reverse of what I'm doing now LOL.

Regaining Control! I am going to track my carbs and protein better by using fitness pal. I had to change the macros for the DS  10 carb/50 protein /40 fat. Saturday I plan on cooking up some low carb meals to eat for the week. Fingers crossed.

Nik | 36 | 5'3"| HW 305 | SW 286.3 | CW 234.2  | GW 180 | Surgery Comparison Chart
Samaro is my