5 Year Vet and struggling!!!

mrsannie
on 8/9/15 6:36 am

Hey guys, its been a really long time since I've been here, but I need some help and encouragement so here I am again!  I came back to the place and people who helped me so much when I needed it before.

I am 5 years out and I know it's my own fault, that I have fallen off the wagon and eat what I know I should not.  My body has changed over the years from going to I could eat a lot and not gain to slowly gaining a pound here and there to now being 30lbs heavier and can't seem to get it together enough to get it off.

Over the years I remember seeing these posts and saying to myself "OMG that will NEVER be me!"  Well here I am.

The DS is an amazing tool, but that's all it is, and I think I forgot that.  I forgot that I have a real addiction.  That if I didn't I wouldn't have been here in the first place.

So here I am knowing everything I need to do to get back to where I want to be.  To LOSE THE WEIGHT again!  It's strange at this point because up until now I have really eaten how much I wanted as long as it was in the DS guidelines, but now I don't think I can do that anymore.  Does anyone know?  I thought I didn't have to count calories as long as they were fat and protein, but at 5 years out I'm not so sure anymore.  

I could use help,kind or encouraging words anyone has for me!

Thank you for the vent!
Anne

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/15 7:45 am

I would suggest you monitor what you eat with a tool like MyFitnessPal. The more self aware you are, the better prepared you'll be to combat the urges to deviate from the norm. It also monitors steps which is a great idea. If you strive for 10k steps per day, it will help a lot. I never attain this on a daily basis, but if I get exercise 3 to 4 times a week, it makes a big difference.

mrsannie
on 8/9/15 8:06 am

Thanks!  I know what I have to do - I just gotta do it!  I think what I need is for someone to take a huge mallot and smash me upside the head!  That might work!   But thanks for your help!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Sumundo311
on 8/11/15 1:22 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Hi Mesannie,

I just wanted you to know you are not alone, I am 10 years out and can eat anything, and I never got under 200lbs do to my eating, so if your interested I would be interested in working at this together.

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

KarenRW
on 8/11/15 4:05 pm - Stockton, CA

MrsAnnie, so good to "see" you again. Well hope you do know what to do as many of us do, but shoot, just to apply it can be so hard, right? So to refresh, JUST EAT PROTEIN to start and of course drink, drink, drink a lot of water maybe 100 oz a day, protein up to 100 grams a day at least and more, maybe 120. Of course, eat those fats if you are able, maybe 120 grams a day, as I do. I did that for a couple of days one time and wow weight did come down quickly. After 3 days of that, I got bored and incorporated some carbs, but I still kept my weight off. It really works the best just go back to basics and water, protein, and fat basically. I had a little binge the last 3 days and my weight went up  6 pounds. Freaked me out. Today back to my low of 151 (actually was 152), but anyways went back down. Thankfully I never let mine go up more that 5 or 6 pounds and then brought it down. It does take practice and conscientiousness to get it down pat.

Karen

All the best to all of you.

Karen     

CaliNik1979
on 8/13/15 6:58 pm - Beckley, WV

You must be my DS twin Annie because I had mine 5 years in October. I too have gained some and need help. I'm so glad I had the guts to come back to this site for help. I tried doing just protein and veg this week and by day two I had the worst sugar withdrawals. I gave in. Again. 

So so you are not alone! We can work together to find nutrition guidance and meal prepping ideas. 

Nik | 36 | 5'3"| HW 305 | SW 286.3 | CW 234.2  | GW 180 | Surgery Comparison Chart
Samaro is my  

Crazeru
on 8/14/15 3:54 pm

Hey MrsAnnie,

There is also the Vits, Bites & Exercise to keep you on point.  Logging food choices and clearing the kitchen of bad carbs.  If it's not in the house, means you have to go out and get it.  At night that might not happen.  Easier to stick with your goals of protein first.  Start each mini meal with protein and stop when full.  I generally eat every 2 hrs.  Be it a cheese and meat sandwich no bread lots of Miracle Whip or Mayo between the slices of cheese and 4oz of meat.  I can only eat 1/2 which is generally 20-30g.  Jerky, nuts, into smoked gouda and sharp cheddar as extra little meals. 

Back to basics.  Eat protein, then some veggies if there's room.  Good luck. 

I've been working on getting 10lbs off for months.  Mostly keeping 5lb off so far.  Still working on the other 5.  My lunch box today had a cheese & meat sandwich, 2 sticks of string cheese, smoke gouda and jerky.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda