My surgery is just 3 days away...

irasteiman057
on 7/17/15 9:09 am - Kearny, NJ

Well, I am sooo excited!  As the title for this post states, I am 3 days out before my DS surgery.  I am excited, thrilled, nervous and a bit scared all at the same time.  I'm sure that these feelings aren't unique to me, albeit quite the unnerving combination...lol.

At approximately 9:30 AM on Monday, July 20th my surgery should begin, so said my doctor, Dr. Harvey Rainville of Glen Ridge, NJ.  My brother, with whom I live, had a gastric bypass 7 years ago so he has been filling my head with all sorts of both negative and positive "stuff".  Bless him but sometimes he scares me to the brink! LOL.

The pre-op diet has been pretty easy most of the time. Frankly, at 332.5 lbs down from 355 lbs, I am amazed that I am not ravenous or even feeling deprived with two protein shakes and one meal, either lunch or dinner.  Oh, there have been a few late night moments  where I "cheated" and drank a 6oz portion of a protein shake to make me feel "satiated". Funny, a few ounces of protein shake makes me feel better...who knew that I'd ever be in the head space to feel this way.

Well, not much more to say at this point but I will post every week at least to jot down my experience and progress.

Good health and happiness to all and thanks for providing this forum, it helps me! 

larra
on 7/17/15 10:05 am - bay area, CA

While I like to encourage everyone, and hate to rain on anyone's parade, I have been on this forum about 10 years and on other sites supporting the DS as well and have never before heard of this surgeon. I looked him up (google search) and the procedures that he lists on his group's website as the bariatric surgeries he does includes gastric bypass, sleeve, and band, but not the DS.

Is it possible that he has begun doing the DS? That would be great. We need more DS surgeons, so I hope this is the case.

I will also send you a pm.

Larra