Protein Bars

Valerie G.
on 7/13/15 9:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I agree that protein bars are way too filling at first, believe it or not.  Even today nearly 10 years later, some tend to sit in my stomach like a brick.  

For vitamins, I am not a fan of designer bariatric vitamins.  Your better approach would be to piece together a regime of your own, starting with Centrum (or generic equivalent), calcium citrate, DRY D, dry A and dry K.  Add some iron, zinc, copper and B for good measure. 

You can get everything you need from Amazon.com

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Brandy G.
on 7/13/15 2:16 pm
DS on 08/20/14

I realized why else I don't eat protein bars -- Beef Jerky!     It is potable, yummy and from a ds diet point of view it is free! 

http://www.nutrientfacts.com/FoodPages/nutritionfacts/nutritionfacts_beef_jerky.htm  Ok, that one says it has 2 carbs for a large piece, but many have zero carbs.

Good luck!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

PeteA
on 7/14/15 11:05 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Quest bars are good but they are dense. It was a good 6 months before I thought I could really handle them. Power crunch bars are more like wafers but it is still hard to tell how soon post-op they will be helpful.  Eventually you might do it for a breakfast replacement I prefer a liquid shake that early. A couple of scoops in my blender bottle with ice and I'm set but whatever works to get your protein in.

It's not a bad idea to eventually get all your protein from food but that will be pretty hard early out.

Pete