DS surgeons in Mexico

Darice N.
on 6/30/15 1:36 pm - Washington, AR
Lap Band on 08/08/05 with

I have noticed that Dr. Ungson's name has been mentioned a lot as a doctor who specialized in performing the DS surgery.  Has anyone had good DS results from any other doctor in Mexico?  I assume Dr. Ungston is the best but i'm just curious about experiences with other doctors.

Valerie G.
on 7/1/15 4:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

There was another that had built a decent reputation, but he was killed in the last year or so.  There is also a couple who say they're doing a DS on you, but you wind up with some crazy variation that no other doc wants to address after the fact.  Another nearly killed a couple of people (see Larissa's story).  Seriously, if you're looking to Mexico for DS - look no further than Dr. Ungson.  

If you've not considered Brazil yet, Dr. Jao Marchenesi is another fabulous option.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

GIJane
on 7/13/15 9:07 am - San Francisco, CA

I went to Dr. Casteneda In Puerta Vallarta, Mexico.  He performed the DS on me.  No complications, Great Doctor, Great Hospital.

larra
on 7/2/15 10:43 am - bay area, CA

What Val said.

Larra

Jaiart
on 7/3/15 4:27 am - MI

Does anyone have the contact info for ungson?  A self paying friend is highly interested.

larra
on 7/3/15 9:15 am - bay area, CA

He advertises on this website. Look for the ads for MexicaliBariatric. They flash on my screen all the time, and he's one of the surgeons named in their ads.

Larra

Brandy G.
on 7/12/15 4:42 pm
DS on 08/20/14

http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/home/

I would be happy to answer any questions anybody has about what this was like with him. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

southernlady5464
on 7/3/15 5:48 pm

Dr. Ungson is the ONLY DS (not SADI, LoopDS, or SIPS) BUT DS surgeon in Mexico.

Dr. Aceves WAS a DS surgeon but he was killed in a plane crash last summer (2014).

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135