1st Day Post Op

Nueva919
on 6/9/15 6:56 am

Hello everyone, I am writing from my hospital bed 1 day post-op. Yesterday was tough due to the effects of anesthesia. I really wasn't in much pain but nauseous and really tired. I literally slept all day. Just felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open. Was able to get a little walking in late last night once I was able to stay awake for a while. I second everyone's comments regarding walking. It really makes ALL the difference in getting the gas out. I'm feeling much better today. Just got back from my GI test and was told my pouch looked superb! Currently awaiting orders from my surgeon to begin liquids. Thanks for the well wishes from everyone and I will keep you posted! 

NoreenRT
on 6/9/15 5:10 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Wishing a very speedy recovery.  Welcome to the Dark Side.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/15 5:44 pm

Congratulations! It's the biggest step so you done a great job. If you can post 1 day post, you're doing better than I did. Also, I didn't get around to walking for the first 2 days, so sounds like you're recovering well.

Nueva919
on 6/9/15 8:21 pm

Thanks everyone. I hit a bump in the road today. I suffered from extremely bad gas pains. It was trapped in my abdomen and nothing I did relieved it. Thankfully, on of the sweet nurses here felt bad for me and called the doctor to order some simethicone for me. Let me tell you, it worked wonders! Feeling so much better now. Probably will be heading home tomorrow as I have been taken off IVs and pain pump. Looking forward to continuing the journey!