DS 6-1/2 years ago... need some suggestions on maintaining weight from DS'ers with...

sarah Shonfelt
on 5/18/15 6:55 am - Acworth, GA
I had my DS in 2008, I lost 185 lbs and have been able to maintain my weightloss through these past 6-1/2 years.. however in the past couple months I have gone from 147 lbs to 157 lbs and just need some weight loss reminders to bring myself back to 147 lbs... I still eat high protein, staying away from pasta's, rice, and potatoes. I have put some more bread into my diet which I know is probably the biggest contributer(along with coffee) for my recent weight gain. Back when I first lost weight it was common to do a "quick-fix" by eating a couple marshmellows or sugar-foods to shock my system.. but it has been so long since I have experienced weightgain... so If I could hear from some long-term DS'ers on what they use to comebat weightgain please advise. Thank You! Sarah

Thanks, Sarah                 HW: 325 SW: 311  -  DS Surgery 10/15/08

Chilipepper
on 5/18/15 7:17 pm

Start with what we all learned at first. Cut out the carbs. Get into Ketosis and get moving. Give up the marshmallows and grab a big of beef jerky instead. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Valerie G.
on 5/20/15 3:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Regain is to be expected at the rate of 15-25% ewl, but if you want to fight it - you have to really fight it and its not going to be anywhere near as easy as it was the first time.  High protein/high fat/low carb is a start.  Some saw better results with intermittent fasting thrown in too.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes