Question for those that have had a VSG revised to DS

Zee Starrlite
on 5/14/15 9:02 pm

Sorry about your failed surgeries.  In your journal you stated that that you grazed steadily "like an antelope". Ate a high carb diet.  Had a serious candy/ chocolate consumption issue. Along with chips etc.  And that you were a complete couch potato.  You stated these things throughout the years of your WLS journies.  Is this true yet? If so absolutely no surgery will fix your weight issues.  From your own words you sound like you are absolutely non compliant.

One of the coolest people on here said she would need her esphogas directly connected to her arsehole for weight loss success if she messed up with the DS.  Her VSG to DS revision was a phenomenal success because she worked her are off being compliant.  She also was did amazing work with her VSG until it didn't work for her despite her very best tries.

All best to you.  I could have read all of your journalling completely wrong and it could simply be as you now state that your surgery was a complete failure.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

dixiedawg
on 6/19/15 1:29 pm

This is my first post on this forum, and I was so in awe of your story that I felt I just had to respond. I'm just now getting started on my 3 months of fulfilling my requirements for my insurance to approve my surgery, and I am leaning toward the DS.  I saw your post and then looked at your blog on your profile, and I must say I'm really shocked.  I don't understand how you can call your DS a complete failure, when it is really clear that the failure is because you didn't do anything you were supposed to after your surgeries. I'm even more surprised to see that you did self-pay for the revision surgeries and still didn't follow the guidelines!  You said, "PS I have always eaten whatever I want since surgery, never counted anything or tried in any way. "   If you never tried in any way, how can you say that the DS was the failure?  I'm not trying to be rude or unkind, but it really sounds like you need some other help, possibly counseling, because no weight loss surgery is ever going to help you if you are not ready to do the work that goes  along with it.

So when you say "I am sorry to worry you with my fail, but it is true, and people need to know it," what you're really saying is that yes, if you don't follow the guidelines for the surgery, if you go back to eating whatever you want, not exercising and 'never tried in any way', then yes, having the surgery is a waste of time and you will fail. But it isn't the DS that failed.

Best of luck to you.