BOB to DS via VSG

revision123
on 4/29/15 1:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I had RNYGB in 2004 (SW 375 lbs). Had a lapband placed in 2007 due to incomplete weight loss. Stabilized around 280 lbs (+/-) for a while. By 2013 my weight was up to 310 lbs. Now sitting at 340 lbs. Hoping to ultimately get to 170 lbs.

About to have revision to DS as 2-step procedure with Dr. Gagner. The first step is a reversal/removal and VSG. This is to be followed by the DS within 3-6 months. (I was hoping for one-step, but it is a lot of surgery...I also want my GB out).

I'm excited (and anxious) about the surgery and hopeful that this will give me the result I want. I know now that I also have to make some drastic lifestyle changes in addition to the surgery, something I don't think I did enough of after the RNY.

Wanted to thank you all for your informative posts (I've been reading through several boards). I've found them so very useful. Its very kind of everyone to share their experiences and insights.

I appreciate any feedback or thoughts.

Many thanks,

Revision

Kathy S.
on 4/29/15 4:38 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

If you have not done so we suggest you post this on the Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forum

Good Luck!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Star0210
on 4/29/15 6:43 am
DS on 11/28/14

Good luck to you and yes...it does require a lifestyle and diet change.

I know you know this already but weight loss surgery (any surgery) is just a tool. It only works if you use it right.

nicholivolkoff
on 5/5/15 8:19 am - Canada

My DS with Dr. Gagner was simple. I was a VSG revision. Although I have not lost one pound since my DS, the surgery was easy and the care was excellent. That is at his private clinic. If you are going to Hopital Sacre Cour in Cartierville, WATCH OUT!!  IT SUCKS BIG TIME!! My first surgery, a VSG in 2009 in Detroit, was painfull for weeks. My DS with Gagner was painless. GOOD LUCK.