Anyone have VSG with (SIPS) Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing?

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/15 11:29 pm

I am pre-op and decided to take my surgeons advice and chose this type of surgery. My questions are as follows:  What has your experience been? Issues with "potty"?  Problems with surgery? Had your insurance denied or approved this type of surgery?  I'm new to this and of course I want to make sure I'm making the right choice for myself.  

Valerie G.
on 4/23/15 12:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Since this procedure is new and experimental - it's also known as SADI or Loop DS.  Try putting that on the subject line to get more people looking.  SIPS isn't as popular a term even though it's the same thing.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/15 3:22 am

Thank you Valerie for clarifying. I only knew of that because of my surgeon. I think I've posted this for the third time and I'm not going to post anymore I keep getting shifted around..and mainly because I'm knew here..not getting much info anywhere I go.. If only I knew how to delete a post?  LOL  sorry 

Valerie G.
on 4/23/15 5:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Keep it up.  There is just a tiny population of SADI types because of the newness of this expermental procedure, not because you're new.

Valerie
DS 2005

Valerie G.
on 4/23/15 5:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

PS 

There are also a couple of Facebook closed groups you can join.  Look up SADI

Valerie
DS 2005

RebeccaRae68
on 4/29/15 9:06 am - Denver, CO

I had this procedure 1/26/15. I couldn't be happier. Everything has gone really well. I am down over 50 lbs to date and I am off all diabetic injections. Definitely had some "potty" and gas issues, but it is controllable. Feeling and looking great! I wish you the best!