Post op

Lyndsey66
on 4/6/15 5:55 pm

Please can someone help. I had DS op January 17th 2015. Only lost 2 kg. not sure whether it's working but surgeon says there is nothing wrong 

PeteA
on 4/7/15 12:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

That seems pretty slow. Can you give us some background on your surgery, weight, and what your current eating habits are like. Most people go on a fairly strict high protein / low carb menu to take full advantage of the initial weight loss phase.

Also, there have been a few people confused between the traditional DS and some new variants like the SADI or Loop DS. Did you have a traditional DS?

Pete

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/15 3:30 am

Something is wrong. Regardless of the procedure being a standard DS or any variation, they all include a Sleeve G. and an intestinal bypass. I had the SADi which is a scaled down version of the original DS, and in 3 months I lost at least 60lbs. Like everyone else, you have no choice. The sleeve procedure alone will not allow you to eat normally and you max out around 400 to 600 calories a day at first and very slowly creep up. Just the pre / post surgery difference should be 10lbs +. I would challenge your doctor for more info and verify his credentials.