DS Surgeons (looking for some guidance)

Lyss Remaly
on 4/8/15 3:49 am - Wheeling, IL

Good Afternoon my peeps!  

As some of you may know, I am currently in contest prep for a bodybuilding competition.  I am 9 weeks out from the show and finding myself at a bit of a sticking point.  Bodybuilding coaches don't understand the DS and surgeons don't understand bodybuilding...so here I am!  I have an INCREDIBLE surgeon!  I truly love him from the bottom of my heart, I would just like to get some very specific guidance. 

I am wondering if any of you out there have a DS surgeon who I might reach out to for some additional guidance or even just to bounce some ideas off of with my prep for the bodybuilding show?  This has really been a learning process but I think my knowledge of the surgery and nutrition and dieting has been exhausted.  I would truly appreciate any suggestions or even if you know people I might be able to reach out to that would be amazing!  

Thank you SO much in advance!   

Laura in Texas
on 4/8/15 8:04 am

I'm not sure how many DS surgeries he has performed, but I would try contacting Garth Davis. He is very knowledgeable about nutrition.

Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MajorMom
on 4/8/15 8:11 pm - VA

Surgeons have zero special training in nutrition or bodybuilding.  Perhaps a better source of ideas and information would be with a good, experienced WLS savvy dietitian.  I think I can put you in touch with one if you're interested.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lyss Remaly
on 4/9/15 12:10 am - Wheeling, IL

Gina that would be INCREDIBLE!!!!  Anyone is better than being left to my own ideas at this point haha

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!