I am on the losers bench!!! Wooooohooooo!!!!!

Show_Me_Sunflower
on 4/6/15 1:14 am - Topeka, KS

I was released yesterday from the hospital,. Feeling pretty good so far, little indigesttion, but just have to remember to go slow, not to big of drinks. 

HW 524, SW 481, CW 428, Goal 170ish

Shawnern
on 4/6/15 7:07 am - Rochester, MN

Congratulations! Just remember sip, walk, sip walk, sip, sip, sip, walk!

Shawn

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/15 7:37 am

Congratulations! The good news is things get better pretty fast. After a week or so you'll be able to digest soft mashed potatoes and chicken broth which tasted like a dose of heaven after a week of water, protein shakes and yogurt. After 2 to 3 weeks, you'll be able to buy smaller pants sizes and continue to do so every few weeks which is a big confidence boost. I would suggest Walmart or Costco for $12 pants that make you feel like a million bucks for losing the weight.

At just short of 5 months, I'm down 90lbs and still can't eat normally but I can eat most foods now, and I can eat a 6 inch steak & cheese flatbread from subway which also tastes great.

I didn't take it slow and kept pushing myself pretty early on but your body will give very strong feedback for what it will and will not accept. Filet Mignon was ok for me after about 3 weeks but chicken and turkey would not go down at all until about 3.5 months out.

It's a real experience that will have a lot of highs and some lows but mostly up at least for the first 5 months. We'll both see what happens after that. 

PeteA
on 4/7/15 12:33 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Great news. Congratulations.   Sip, sip, sip......