VSG revision to DS booked for the end of the month

pbartlett584
on 3/9/15 2:26 pm

Hi all, 

I had my VSG done in Oct/2011 by Dr. Aceves, I am going to have a revision done by Dr. Ungson on March 26, 2015. I am feeling so many emotions, as does everyone! I know everything will be fine, but it's the unknown. I had my labs drawn from my regular GP and my RBC are sitting at 111, slightly anemic, which I always have been. Just wondering if anyone has some pump me up great success stories that i can read? 

Also, 

I am likely going to go with the Vitalady regimen, however i was just wondering whether anyone has tried the vitamin patches from patchmd.com? Have they worked, which ones do you use?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Thanks to all the vets who help us newbies, your help is really appreciated!!

VSG - Drs. Aceves/Campos Oct/2011

Re-sleeve - Drs. Ungston/Beltran/Campos - March/2015

MajorMom
on 3/9/15 7:01 pm - VA

Congratulations!  I hear good things about Dr Ungson.  I follow Vitalady's plan with tweaks to support my labs, she's your best bet but the patches do interest me. I would work really hard on those iron labs. I took a combo of Vitalady's Tender carbonyl iron (tablets back in the day and may be easier on your system than the capsules) and Proferrin. I would take the 300mg Carbonyl iron mid to late afternoon and the 2 Proferrin  at bedtime. Worked really well and brought my iron markers up to optimal levels. You should start iron slowly and work up to the full dose over a couple weeks. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Star0210
on 3/10/15 2:02 pm
DS on 11/28/14

I had my VSG to DS with partial resleeve with Dr. Ungson. It was a great, super easy experience. 

I follow the Vitalady regimen. 

I did start taking the D plus Calcium patches and stopped the oral calcium for a while because of constipation but then I read that calcium to get to your bones really needs to fe from the gut. So I started back on the oral calcium. 

I also take 2 Proferrin every night in addition to the vitalady 5 tender iron I take every morning. 

Good luck to you.

LngRedRose
on 3/15/15 11:37 pm

I am researching doing this... what is the biggest negative you have?  I just want all of the pros and cons.

k__
on 3/25/15 5:05 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

I also had VSG in Sept/2011 by Dr. Aceves, and am looking at either a DS or SADI-s by Dr. Ungson for August. I've read a few things that concern me about bile reflux and inadequate weight loss from the SADI-s procedure.  I need to lose an additional 40 lbs, but losing an additional 10-15 beyond that would not be a problem either.  Comments?  Thank you!

Star0210
on 3/25/15 8:16 am
DS on 11/28/14

Bile reflux should not at all be an issue if the surgery is performed correctly and I absolutely believe Dr. Ungson would do it correctly. 

If the anastomatosis is made too close to the pyloric valve then you could have that problem. I only know of one person with that issue and that was the reason.