Surgery date set...nervous & excited!

taracs26
on 3/14/15 12:18 am

I was released on Thursday.  I'm feeling great!  I guess I expected the worse when it comes to pain but I feel the pain is minimal. Granted there is some discomfort but very tolerable.  I'm really focused on getting my fluids and walking.  I have a routine already with protein and vitamins so I'm staying on top of it.  I literally have no hunger. This is a lifestyle change one that I needed.  I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon, nurses, or overall experience.  I'm excited for what has yet to come!

Brandy G.
on 3/14/15 10:15 am
DS on 08/20/14

Congratulations!!!   May your entire DS path be as smooth! 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

kittykatkris
on 3/22/15 7:08 am - Selden, NY

Congrats!

Just wondering how it went and how you are doing?

I do have a few questions and I do not know if this is the right place to post this. I finally have a date to see a surgeon, tomorrow actually.

I am getting together all my paper work and so on and was just wondering if you or any other members have suggestions on things to bring with me? Anything I will definitely need for the appointment or any questions you recommend asking?

I am 5'4 and change so really 5'5"

and am about 230lbs. If I can get away with saying Im 5'4 then I meet the 40 bmi but if its 5'5 I am a few pounds under that.

I do have issues such as PCOS, atrial tachycardia, and Psuedo Tumor Ceribi. I do not have diabetes but my endocrinologist has me on metformin.

I have had some people that even with a bmi lower then 40, but at least 35, with these medical issues I should qualify for it.

The Psuedo Tumor Ceribi issue is really kicking my behind, I hear the wooshing all day long. The pressure behind my eyes is horrible, and it does affect my eye sight.

I appreciate any suggestions so that I can be completely prepared for my doctors appointment. And I any suggestions of things to say to help my chances of my doctor agreeing for the DS surgery would be wonderful too.

taracs26
on 3/22/15 1:59 pm

Congratulations, on making your first step to WLS!  My only suggestion is to be completely and totally honest about your weightloss goals and wear you want your weight to be. Give as much info about your lifestyle as well. Listen to your surgeons suggestions and ask if any concErnst which I'm sure you are prepared for. I went into my first appointment thinking that the vertical sleeve was for me.  After taking with my surgeon, he recommended the DS for me. It took me almost 5 months after that and sime soul seaeching to completely make up my mind on which surgery I wanted.  My BMI was tetering on the recommended weight for DS but many people with much less BMI had the surgery. I did my research and I also notice a lot of veteran sleeve patients were getting revised to the DS. Dsfacts .Com is a grest website to check out.  

As for me, I was going in for the long haul. If I were going to make the lifestyle change  I needed I wantend to only do it one time and maintain without regret.

Granted I'm only at my almost 2 week post op mark, I have no regrets. Im struggling with getting my 64 Oz of fluids per day in but is fairly common. But I still determined to get them in to avoid dehydration.  Im refusing to look at the scale until my post op Appt on Tuesday to focus no so much as weight but my health l. I seem to be recovering quickly but it worries about my fluid intake. I feel I have minimal pain and I walked every 2 hours after surgery to avoid gas pains.  As for now my life is sip, walk, protein, and vitamins. I'm ok with that. 

taracs26
on 3/22/15 2:00 pm

Sorry for the grammar issues  Still taking some pain meds.