Welp.. Almost 10 years out.. what happened?

Sunshine16
on 3/14/16 4:56 am

Funny I post that this time last year.  And since then I have gotten a better understand of my body.  365 from Wholefood store.  Not so sure now as to keeping my weight down...but it probably helps...but just helping with my digestion system overall. 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

buffalobillsfan
on 2/19/15 12:08 pm - CA

I'm 5 1/2 years out now.  I, too, don'****ch what I eat once I have my protein requirements in.  I had a small bowel obstruction surgery recently and dropped 10 lbs.  Up to that point I had maintained the same weight for almost 3 years.  I quickly gained the 10 lbs back once I could eat. I think my saving grace is that I have a physical job and barely sit down all day. 

I never feel that weight gain couldn't happen to me. I'm surprised every day that it hasn't.  I can imagine creeping up slowly until it hits you one day.  I would think that what Val and others said would be the best course of action.  Plus exercise. 

I'm curious about something....if you are gaining weight from absorbing more does it also show in your labs?  Do you need less vitamins to keep your values up? 

Sunshine16
on 2/20/15 12:07 am

Good question!

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

A. West
on 2/21/15 10:49 pm - Houston, MS

Same problem/concern here.  RNY in 2001 and lost from 350+ down to 208 at my lowest.  For past 5 years, I have yo-yo'ed between 225 and all the way up back to 282(after I broke my foot last year)!!!  Bear in mind, I am now 14 years out and in my mid 40's but, I refuse to gain this again!  Even if it means having revision!  I, too have downloaded a calorie counter on my phone and track EVERY BITE.  I have lost 21 pounds now since 1/28/15, so back down to 261.  I have made peace with the fact that 215 to 225 may be as good as it gets for me....BUT I WANT IT BACK.  I tell you, this 50 pounds HURTS me now.  I felt awesome at 215ish...walked 4 miles a day, energy all the time, etc...  Now, my foot(the now healed fracture) is killing me all the time and I don't walk (any more than is necessary) because of it.  Like a catch 22, gained weight from not exercising, can't exercise because of the pain!  I have GOT to get my motivation back and do this!  I don't want to be that OLD ME again!  Need to get my head right again!  I THINK I can do this with my diet now, but, I am considering finding a surgeon for revision...I just don't know.

White Dove
on 2/21/15 11:33 pm - Warren, OH

I stay at goal by weighing myself daily.  I am at my goal weight seven years out.  If the scale goes up, I drink more water, eat more protein, and eat less carbs.

But the trick that works for me is that I cut calories.  I eat 1400 calories a day and if I want to lose one pound, I cut to 900 calories a day for one week.  If I want to lose 1/2 pound I eat 1150 calories a day for a week.  That is where I do not cheat.

All of the tricks in the world will not help if you are putting in more calories than you need to maintain.  Nobody wants to hear this, but controlling calories is the only thing that has ever worked for me long term.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends