fat and back.

Elena22
on 2/11/15 12:14 pm, edited 2/11/15 12:20 pm

I'm watching this documentary right now on TLC and came here to post about it. She's a shock jock who "hates" fat people and wants to gain close to 60 pounds in three months then take it off in three months.What she's forgetting is that most people dealing with weight has done so for years! Not months. But at least she does finally get that those with an emotional relationship with food is much different than someone who has a functional relationship with food. She has epilepsy and can't control it. Some mo people likewise can't control their food. It's totally an unfair comparison. She should have at least been made to keep weight on longer.

PSwoman13
on 2/12/15 9:08 am

I watched it I don't think she gained quite that much I think it was closer to 40. I think she has the right to her opinion. When I watch the 600 pound life show I tend to "hate" these people too. Constantly making excuses, wondering how they got to be so big. Reality is they eat too much, move too little and most have enablers who are constantly feeding them. I think the show FAT and BACK showed just how hard it can be to lose the weight from a skinny persons perspective.

Brandy G.
on 2/16/15 3:44 am
DS on 08/20/14

Why are not all skinny people winning Olympic medals?   If all bodies work the same, then it must be because they are too lazy. 

It drives me nuts that people think all bodies work in exactly the same ways.  My DS surgeon said that my small intestine was almost one for the record books.  It measured out a little over FIVE feet longer than average, that is longer than many people are tall.  That is a lot of extra digesting I could do that would have served me well come the famine. 

At six months post surgery, I am just now starting to look "normal".   There is a part of me that doesn't like it because I don't want to be mistaken for one of the haters.  At a restaurant yesterday I sat next to two very fat ladies who ordered some onion rings and I could tell they were a little embarrassed.  I didn't know how to tell them that I was not one to judge and also "more power to you!"  And I also wanted to tell them that if they got sick of it all, to try bariatric surgery.   Hubby and I did discuss my surgery and I think they were ease dropping, so maybe we planted a seed.  I also ate about 5 french fries in solidarity, but I doubt they got it.  :-)

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

turkeylover
on 2/16/15 4:05 am

"Why are not all skinny people winning Olympic medals?   If all bodies work the same, then it must be because they are too lazy."

Loved the comparison! So true! 

DSer to be.  Dr Gilberto Ungson Feb 2015.