Calories Per Day over time

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/15 10:17 am

I take HumaPro protein powder with 12 oz of cold water and 5 HumaPro protein pills every day. Both have 25 grams of protein and zero calories. I started taking them based on research that shows a big difference in the quality of certain types of protein powder, and how certain protein supplements are absorbed better than others.

The product is intended for bodybuilders needing several hundred grams of protein each day, and also looking to minize fatigue after a workout. Since I just joined the Y, this is not an issue for me at the present time. I just want the 80 to 100 grams whatever way I can get it.

cherylbaker
on 3/17/15 3:01 am

This humapro intriges me. How is it equal to protein? I would love to get my protein in with little to no calories but it seems too good to be true

RNY 2000 - HW 400 - LW 140 

Maintained 180 for 7 yrs regained to 300

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

HW 300 - SW 280 - CW 3/17 182 - GW 169

Updated 6/28/15 CW 155 - GW 149

Brandy G.
on 2/16/15 3:24 am, edited 2/16/15 3:25 am
DS on 08/20/14

How are your energy levels?   Are you getting out on brisk happy walks and doing more and more every day?  Most of the calories you burn during the day are put towards keeping warm and breathing.  Sleep uses up a bunch of calories.   Do you feel great?  Are you energized and up for new things and able to go a little farther every day? 

I had a weird swallowing problem after surgery (scar tissue bothered a nerve) that is all but gone now, but I found that unless I kept my calories over about a thousand I would just not feel as good the next day.  It took me sitting down with my fit bit walking charts and my MyFitnessPal food charts to see a direct correlation.   I did not see any changes regarding weight loss, but I did see my number of steps fall off with the lower calories. 

For the first three months for sure, and maybe the whole first year, I'm not sure if I think it is wise to worry about where the calories or nutrition comes from.   Recovering, learning how to eat & supplement and flushing all that weight is going to make this a seriously rough year no matter what, best IMHO, just to make sure you get the basics covered.  Health before diet. 

Good luck!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/15 7:22 am

My energy levels are good, much better than pre surgery. I will have to start working out much harder to minimize the loose skin / flab that comes with dropping a lot of weight.

PattyL
on 2/16/15 2:31 pm

Skin is skin.  There is nothing you can tighten up with exercise/lotions/creams/snakeoil.  Sorry.  The good news is that skin will continue to shrink slowly for up to 2 years after massive weight loss.

Developing the muscles under the skin can improve things a bit.  But it does nothing to the skin.  The only thing that can get rid of excess skin is plastic surgery.

jason1978
on 2/16/15 3:16 pm
DS on 06/24/13

I agree nothing helps if you aren't trying to bulk up. I work my ass off at the gym and have noticed big improvements.

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171