My experience with the SADI

hollykim
on 2/9/15 6:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yeah,I was disappointed In him for sure. Thanks.

Star0210
on 2/9/15 12:16 am
DS on 11/28/14

Did you stay on that eating plan? Are you still following that eating plan? How is your carb intake? 

I believe you said before that you were satisfied or maybe just accepted that you had lost all you were going to lose and stopped actively trying to lose.

it truly is awful that you didn't get the surgery you were expecting. This is a good lesson for pre-ops..,especially going to Mexico where there can be a communication barrier. Ask questions, know the procedure and what it looks like, do whatever it takes to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. Bring pictures or diagrams with you.

I don't know what the bilroth II procedure is...guess I'll have to go look that up out of curiosity. 

Best of luck with whatever you decide. I, too, am a VSG to DS revision, so I've been following your posts since I started researching my revision. 

hollykim
on 2/9/15 6:26 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I did stay on that eating plan and I did post that I was going to be satisfied withmy weight where it was. 

I had reconstructive surgery in Jan 2014 and my compressions garments made it difficult to eat. Sliders were about all I could get down for six weeks.

I got off plan then and am still trying to get back on plan well. I think I might could lose .if I was on plan really well,but don't know. 

It is certainly a good lesson. At that time there were no diagrams or any reports on the SADI cause it wasn't even being done in the US yet. 

Thanks

Huneypie
on 2/9/15 12:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Hi HollyKim, sorry to hear about your issues.  The gas issue really can get a lot better once you're further out, although I occasionally have my days when I eat something I thought I was OK with and it turns out not to be the case LOL!! ;-)

My iron was low although not as bad as yours and I was eventually able to get on top of it with oral supplementation (ferrous furmarate - not sure if you have that in the US.  It took about a year to get my levels up).

Anyways, hang in there and all the best for your revision. 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

hollykim
on 2/9/15 6:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes,the gas issues come and go about like yours. Thanks for your reply. I am not just devastated,I know Wls can work if you work it and that is about where I am,making what I have wor****il/ if I decide to change it. 

Valerie G.
on 2/9/15 3:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This is really disturbing, Holly!  For all we know, you could have the beginnings of SADI but a twist and a shake of something else.  I do hope that Dr. Ungson can figure out what was done and can fix it.  In the meantime, I hope you'll share your story again and again.  There is a post out on the main board right now about going abroad to get wls. I mentioned your situation without identifying you, but it's a valid testimony to tell for sure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 2/9/15 6:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I know,it is pretty pissy! I think Dr. Ungson could also. I feel like he would at. Least be totally honest with me. 

I will keep sharing it and glad you posted about it also. I. Do t mind at all. Thanks

airbender
on 2/9/15 7:03 am

oh my goodness, you poor dear, I would have such a feeling of being violated.  You go in for a DS come out with a SADI, the is unethical on the drs part.  Dr Ungson, although not my surgeon has a wonderful repuation, he does both SADI and DS.  how disheartening to lose 12 lbs and stop, you must be heartbroken.   If you are thinking of converting he is the only one in Mexico I would let touch me.  Did Ponce de Leon get paid for the DS?  What do your operative reports say?  Do you at least know your alimentary lenght?  SADIs alimentary limbs are now around 300, changed from 250.  I hope you find what works best for you, if that is to get a DS then go for it.  Wishing you only the best.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

hollykim
on 2/9/15 11:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

thanks. No,mi don't know what any of the limbs are. There is Jo surgery report,just a cd of the surgery.

i guess I paid for a SADI which is what he had in mind to do.

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 1:59 pm

Holly,

Sorry for your trouble. Your issue is not the SADi, it's that you had a major medical procedure performed by a crappy doctor. The SADi is a tremendous improvement over the traditional DS, and I expect it will become the norm going forward. The results are staggeringly positive with far less complications and issues. I would suggest you find a recognized expert surgeon to figure out exactly what the first guy did (or did wrong), and see what the expert recommends.

Good luck, and over time with the right medical help, it will get much better.