More mindful eating...

Petunia
on 2/5/15 8:34 pm

I've been slacking these last few months/years with my eating, I get plenty of protein in but also eating too much of the other stuf***** weighed today and I'm up 5 pounds from a month ago, 17 pounds from my all time low.  I would be happy losing 15 pounds of this extra, I know it doesn't sound like much but if I continue on this same path in 10 years I will be in a bad place again.  Today I will start by cutting out some of those nasty carbs I've been eating, and no more bread!

Thanks for listening,

Ruby

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/15 12:02 am

Hi Ruby,

QQ - I had surgery about 3 months ago and although I can eat most foods, bread / pasta / carbs just aren't options for me.

Was this the same for you, and changed over time or could you always handle them post surgery?

Petunia
on 2/6/15 4:27 am

I'm not sure about how much bread I ate in the first year, I ate very little carbs until I lost my weight.  Bread does not cause me any problem with gas, most mornings I have a breakfast sandwich with toast or english muffin.  Pasta I don't do very often since it fills me up quickly and not much room for protein.  I've changed my cooking to go with my surgery, like lasagne I won't make but I'll make stuffed shells and eat the fillings and meat sauce.  

Sugar and onions are what cause me the most problems with gas.  I now watch the clock and won't have any of those until around 5:00, that way I don't have gas all day.  

Your still so new to the system, hopefully this will change for you over time.