How to tell if the growling is hunger or not?

AngelnChains
on 2/3/15 4:02 am
DS on 11/17/14

I know this may seem like a crazy question because lets face it, a person should know if theyre hungry or not right? But since my surgery I honestly dont know when the rumblings and growlings are hunger or just all the lovely new noises? HOW do you tell the difference so that you know your eating when your suppose to and not eating when your not? I hope this makes sense

Valerie G.
on 2/3/15 5:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My rumblings are simply digestion anymore.  I didn't feel hunger for nearly a year, then over time my body and I came to an agreement of a certain feeling I get when it wants to be filled. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 2/3/15 5:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have only felt hunger about 5 times in 6 years. I,do,have all kinds of rumbling,however.

i eat by the clock,what is on my plan and about every 2-3 hours. Than I don't have to worry if it is hunger and I know I am being properly nourished.

AngelnChains
on 2/3/15 6:10 am
DS on 11/17/14

Thanks for replying! I have been so used to rumblings equalling hunger that it didnt dawn on me until now that its not hunger! I think Im going to try going by the clock instead and just adjust to the new noises haha! :) thanks yall for the advice! 

Kathy S.
on 2/3/15 5:51 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Keep us posted on how you are doing and CONGRATULATIONS on your surgery!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AngelnChains
on 2/4/15 8:46 pm
DS on 11/17/14

Thank you so much for the support :) Just a quick update! NOW that Ive finally got this growling figured out and realize Im not starving or hungry, that its just my body digesting food, and I have upped my walking to every day at least 20 minutes on the treadmill, Ive bumped myself over the plateau! Woohoo! 6 more pounds in the last week! Im so excited! My first goal is to be 100 pounds lighter than the first time I saw my surgeon ( 353 ) and Im not about 23 pounds away from that!!! 

PeteA
on 2/4/15 3:04 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Early out I think the clock method is the best. It was for me. I'm almost 2 years out and think
I have a handle on when I am hungry but that doesn't really help. If I ate only when I was 
hungry I would not be getting in all my protein.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.