Body is Very Temperamental, however it communicates to me

Sunshine16
on 1/26/15 8:40 pm

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pin up a topic on how temperamental everyone body is based on the choices they make.  Fore anyone who orders vitamins from Vitalady know that there has been a demand for certain products. I was out of Iron pills for two weeks, and I just thought I would be okay, well all of a sudden my appetite just picked up drastically.  Is this just a coincident, or was that my body way of telling me I was deficient in something and choose to get in in food, which is impossible....who knows.  Whenever I eat too much at night, or TOO much sugar at night it knocks me out to sleep.  It like my body has an amount that it can stand for sugar, once I go over...night, night for me. When I get too relax on the calcium my teeth change in color and I can tell they do not feel as strong. When I do not take my vitamin B or Mulit Vitimins...my energy drop.  And lets not start with depending on what I eat I get side affects, milk, chocolate, chilli, SUGAR, potato chips, my body will respond either in my stool or gas.  Just a slight daily change, I will immediately get an effect. When I rest extremely well, my skill is so much better...it just does not take much for the slightest change. 

Have you guys noticed this as well?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

PeteA
on 1/27/15 2:37 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I haven't really seen anything with my vitamins. I've only been off a couple of times for surgeries
so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm going on 2 years so I'll have to keep all that in mind so I don't slack off.

Food on the other hand,
    Good news is that the first year milk and ice cream gave me immediate gas and a little later on the runs but now it just makes me go after 4 hours or so and not a lot of gas either. Potato chips and high sugar items like cookies always clean me out unless I have a very small amount. 

I just started doing regular exercise at the beginning of the year and that seems ot help overall. It may just be in my mind but I'll take what I can get. 

My body is much less tempermental year two than year 1. I'm hoping that trend continues.  

JazzyOne9254
on 1/27/15 9:59 am

It really does get better down the road, Pete. 

It's almost like you're on auto-pilot. Supplements are taken without relying on an alarm, and the farther out you get, the more you know about what will make your sleeve happy and what won't

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Sunshine16
on 1/27/15 10:09 pm

I'm farther out.  How is your energy?  Are you going to bed around 10 or later or you tend to crash sooner?  I can tell when my energy runs out, not sure if its aging or because of this surgery.

JazzyOne9254
on 1/28/15 12:00 am

My energy's great, but if I'm having issues, I can't exactly pin it on my DS.  I have an autoimmune disorder, and that is the likely cause of sapped energy for me.

Sunshine16
on 1/28/15 12:07 am

Did you get autoimmune disorder after the surgery?  I know, sometimes its easy for me to get colds, and my energy get sapped.

JazzyOne9254
on 1/28/15 12:12 am

NO, I was diagnosed several years before I had my DS.  In fact, the DS was the treatment for weight gain due to the treatment for the disorder!  How's that for utilizing medical resources!  ;-)

Sunshine16
on 1/28/15 12:15 am

Thank you, just trying to figure the exhaustion at night.   Want to have kids and want to be alert when they are around.  Just trying to narrow it down.  I know when I don't take my iron I don't feel as exhausted however, I need iron.  I wondering my body is working so hard digestion all these supplements. 

Sunshine16
on 1/27/15 10:09 pm

I'm farther out.  How is your energy?  Are you going to bed around 10 or later or you tend to crash sooner?  I can tell when my energy runs out, not sure if its aging or because of this surgery.

PeteA
on 1/28/15 2:32 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

LOL. At 56 I often have the same question. Some days I do run out of energy by the end of the day. I just figured if it doesn't happen all the time it is probably not a vitamin/DS issue - as long as my labs don't say anything different. I'm just worried that now my labs will be more infrequent (yearly w/surgeon, other labs as I can get my PCP to run them). It just makes it more important for me to be in tune with what my body is telling me.