DISAPPOINTED

AngelnChains
on 1/20/15 8:28 pm
DS on 11/17/14

Hi! I had the DS on 11/17/14 and Im just now coming out of my first stall ( it lasted about 3 weeks or so ) and I ,mean coming out of it slowly haha! I felt the same way, like I had done something wrong or I wasnt eating right or not getting enough exercise, but Im so glad for this forum because otherwise I would NOT have known its completely natural for this to happen. Im definitely tickled with my loss so far and am looking forward to losing the rest! But this gave me time to clean out my closets and think about my goals , like if its realistic or not and how can I make sure I stay on a healthy path. Finding this site has been amazing and so very helpful. 

Anyway just thought Id share my experience so far... and congratulate you on your loss so far! I am always around if you just wanna bs back and forth so feel free to add me or send a note.

robinswls
on 1/25/15 2:29 pm, edited 1/25/15 2:29 pm

I had my DS 11/21/14 and I am down 46lbs. I haven't lost a single puond since 1/16 but I read that stahls are commom and it makes since. Our bodies have been through so much and due to self preservation they try to hold onto anything  they can at times. I have recently come to peace with the fact that Its not a question any longer of will I lose the weight.. Its how quickly will i.. And that makes me smile every time I remind myself.

Sunshine16
on 1/25/15 9:03 pm

Yes, I advise you to be gentle with yourself.  Remember when you are losing drastic amount of weight you are depleting nourishment.  Your body knows what is best for you, TRUST.  If this is your first time having this type of weight loss surgery, TRUST, it will come off.  Its like your body has a mind, and its saying, what is going on....once it comes to an understanding, the weight loss will kick in again.  The body goes into plateau mode to save itself just in case you were dropping the weight for some other reason like you are sick. Which is a blessing because if we were stuck just by chance in a frozen mountains you would not want your body to be dropping weight like this.. It will come off. I have not heard anyone saying they had this type of drastic surgery and only lost 10 -20% of their body weight.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Crazeru
on 1/27/15 8:51 am

Measure every week.  During my first 3 week stall, I lost 13" overall, not too shabby.  Stalls happen, you body has to re-adjust, put your scale away for a few weeks.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda