Any one had ds surgery or revision from vsg to DS with Dr Crookes in Usc

princess2131
on 1/17/15 8:30 am - champaign, IL

Please I am considering this Doctor would you please give some info the good the bad ECt...

thanks

larra
on 1/17/15 9:54 am - bay area, CA

I have no personal experience with Dr. Crookes, but he has a reputation as a very good surgeon whose patients love him. However, I thought he was not taking new DS patients. Also, you will need to attend a seminar at USC where the head guy is extremely negative about the DS, to the point of ridiculing anyone who asks a question about it. If you can get past that, and if Dr. Crookes is doing revisions and accepting new DS patients and has not retired, you would be in good hands.

You have probably figured out from the above that your plan may not work out. Have you considered Dr. Keshishian, also in Los Angeles, or Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco? They are both excellent and very experienced DS surgeons, and definitely do all sorts of revisions.

Larra

Ms.Desertdoll
on 1/22/15 11:12 pm

I am a Dr. Crookes patient. It has been a little over 4 years. Original surgery. He was great, staff was great and USC was great. Had complications and he was responsive and available. After one year, aftercare was non existent. You will need to figure out how to take care of yourself. I didn't follow his vitamin plan or food plan, used Vitalady's startup list and have since tweaked for my situation and ate as other vets had described on here modifying as needed. I believe, if he is still doing DS, it is laparoscopic, which I would have liked to of have but other than that it was fine.

Even though I did like him, if you can get Dr. Keshishian, I would go that route. You will not have to deal with a medical center that does not stand behind the DS.

Just my thoughts.