Calcium Topical Patch

Tufer777
on 1/17/15 3:47 am

So… i had the DS in Sept in 2005 and have never accustomed found a calcium supplement that didn't stop me up like a gorilla!  TMI.  Sorry.  Has anybody heard whether the Topical patch for Calcium/Vit D is any good?

Sufia
A grateful DSer forever!
SW 223 CW 132 GW 117-125
airbender
on 1/17/15 6:52 am

people are posting that they are doing very well with patchmd, they have a 30 day supply for 19.95, but there are coupons out there.  I have not tried them, but I think I will order 2 months worth to try them.  It would be great if others posted how they are doing with this type of delivery: Vitamin D3/Calcium Topical Patch at http://www.patchmd.com/Vitamin-D3-Calcium-Topical-Patch.html

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Star0210
on 1/17/15 9:13 pm
DS on 11/28/14

I stopped taking my calcium because of constipation issues. I just got my patches in the other day.

I'm going to have my blood drawn tomorrow morning to get a baseline calcium level before I start using them.

Will retest in 3 months and see if they're working.

Tufer777
on 1/18/15 5:22 am

Cool!  Think I will try the same.  Wish we could find somebody who has actually tried it before.

Sufia
A grateful DSer forever!
SW 223 CW 132 GW 117-125
Star0210
on 1/18/15 9:22 pm
DS on 11/28/14

There's a girl on FB who just posted the other day her lab results after using the patches for 3 months and her results are impressive.

Chilipepper
on 1/18/15 5:45 am

They are made with Oyster calcium which is not good for us..

please see the link. 

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/types-of-c alcium-supplements/

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Brandy G.
on 1/18/15 12:04 pm
DS on 08/20/14

Other than a few B12 studies, there are no studies on this one way or the other.  All studies were done on ingesting supplements, not absorbing them through the skin.  It is a whole different world.  The typical reason why we take one calcium over anther all have to do with stomach acid levels, but with a patch there is no stomach acid.  I am also very unclear about lead in the world of patches.  Sounds to me like it might be more of a problem, but what the heck do I know.  For now, the only option is trust the company or wait for the studies. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Tufer777
on 1/20/15 10:47 am

Thanks,guys.  I went and bought some liquid calcium today.  Hopefully I can "stomach"'it- no pun intended.  My path is high so I must find a way to deal.

Sufia
A grateful DSer forever!
SW 223 CW 132 GW 117-125
Petunia
on 1/22/15 8:03 pm

Not sure of the patch but the only thing that helps with the binding up for me is to add a Magnesium Citrate with every dose of Calcium I take.  For me that means 4 Magnesium Citrate a day.  Keeps me regular and soft, hope that helps.

Ruby