Dr. Elariny

tiny1
on 1/8/15 6:57 am - Clarksville, TN

Wanted to know if anyone has used Dr. Elariny for their conversion from RNY to DS? How was the surgery? The hospital? The doctor?

MajorMom
on 1/8/15 5:42 pm - VA

I had your basic DS with him and have heard him speak about the RNY to DS op. He will give you 2 options when you talk to him: 1) a distal RNY, which is less risky for leaks, or 2) a DS after restoring your pouch and creating a sleeve.  He will do whichever you want but he will give you options, ultimately it's your decision. Dr E uses several hospitals, I went to INOVA Fairfax and was impressed with their surgical process and procedures but wanted out as soon as possible. Fair Oaks is also very very good. Dr E is one of the best surgeons there is for a conversion from RNY to DS and has been doing them since 2003 or so. Wishing you all the best. Good luck.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

tiny1
on 1/9/15 1:29 am - Clarksville, TN

Thanks MajorMom! I am just in the beginning stages, but from what I have researched, Dr. Elariny is a wonderful surgeon. I love hearing from others who have used this doctor and how their surgeries went. Thanks for responding.