question for my fellow loop DS people.

Samantha Ragland
on 1/3/15 9:37 am

So I'm 10 weeks and 5 days post op. SW 310 CW 260. I was stuck at 265 for two weeks and now I have been at 260 for two weeks. Any advise on things I can do to help me continue to lose regularly (ie: certain foods, more protein, more exercise). I recently started working out. I've been running and doing dance classes. My diet is pretty good.  I don't know if I'm just worried to much, but I feel like I should be losing more?

Valerie G.
on 1/3/15 10:38 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

These stalls are giving your body a chance to 'catch up' and will occur frequently.  I used them as a cue to try on smaller sizes.  I usually discovered that I'd dropped a size or three - making them a good thing to me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Star0210
on 1/3/15 10:45 pm
DS on 11/28/14

i think you're doing great. 

Are you tracking what you're eating every day?

As a revision....I'm losing very slowly...so your 50lbs looks awesome from here!

Are you getting in enough protein, keeping your carbs low enough? Getting plenty of water?

Samantha Ragland
on 1/4/15 5:56 am

I don't track what I eat but I do drink lots of water and I get my protein in as well and also I keep my carbs low.

airbender
on 1/3/15 10:46 pm

you are doing amazing, you have lost 50 lbs in 10 weeks, that is 5 lbs a week/average.  We have to give our body periods of adjustments, plateaus and weight loss should continue.  At 10 weeks out you are doing great, don't worry, what you are experiencing is normal and to be expected.  There are a few SADI patients on here, hopefully they will chime in also.  continued success to you

Samantha Ragland
on 1/4/15 5:55 am

Thank you.

SWEETMEL7
on 1/3/15 11:09 pm - NY

Hi! Congrats on your amazing weight loss! !  I had the SADI on 12/3/13. The first three months I lost 40 lbs and the more I ate then the weight fell off. My HW 268 and today I am 111.1lbs..I stay between 114-111lbs. From the beginning of march to the beginning of june I went from 210/215 to 165. . Also, your body is also playing catch up. Give It Some Time.   

Samantha Ragland
on 1/4/15 5:55 am

I forgot to mention that I have hypothyroidism.  I was thinking maybe that is why I go so long without losing then I'll lose. I feel that I should at lease lose 2 pounds with the exercise and eating right. Do any of you have thyroid issues?

PeteA
on 1/4/15 12:32 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I would suggest you start tracking protein, liquids, and carbs. I was never a good judge
of my own diet. Even when I think I am doing well it is always enlightening to me to 
track because I find that I can take in more carbs than I realize.

AngelnChains
on 1/4/15 11:00 pm
DS on 11/17/14

THANK you for asking this question! I am about 7 weeks post op and had hit a stall and was wondering about them as well! This feed has been a huge help :) Good Luck with your journey!!