Out of town traveling to see Dr K in CA- help please

seekinghealthy
on 1/5/15 10:25 am

Hello all,

I am new and I am looking into traveling to see Dr K in CA.  I don't have a date yet, but I want to prepare.  I am traveling alone, he wants me to stay about one week post op,  does anyone have any ideas on where I can get someone to pick my up from surgery, check up on me, etc?  Would the hospital have this information?  Are there agencies?  I would be staying in a local hotel.   Any help would be appreciated.  I am going to post in CA forum too.

Maria

Chilipepper
on 1/5/15 10:53 am

Have you asked them for some ideas. They have many out of town patients. They may be able to help.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Dolphingirl1385
on 1/5/15 1:24 pm

I had surgery with Dr. K and live about 2 to 3 hours away. He allowed me to go home once i was released from the hospital. So i only had to stay the night before surgery in a motel. I stayed at Comfort Inn 323 256 1199. My mom stayed at the hotel for five days...i was in the hospital for four days post op. Due to a few issues and being from out of town he kept me in the hospital an extra day. He is awesome. Good luck. 

DS on June 13, 2014 with Ara Keshishian

Dolphingirl1385
on 1/5/15 1:51 pm

I wanted to add I am not sure about your provider question but I can say my mother is elderly and did not spend a lot of time at the hospital with me but I did fine. The nurses at Huntington Hospital were amazing and took very good care of me. Dr. K came by everyday as well. 

DS on June 13, 2014 with Ara Keshishian

Douglas R.
on 1/19/15 3:55 am

Maria:

Try Care.com - as it is a site that you can hire a CNA to help you.  I thought it was a good idea even for me to have my own private CNA after surgery in the hospital to help me with anything.