New Year's eve surgery

SKmammabear
on 1/3/15 10:11 am

Had my procedure on New Year's Eve and had a few complications.  It took 9 hours to do and I felt like a semi ran me over, then backed over me to run me over again.  I expected to get out the same day, but ended up an extra two days.  Pain isn't too bad, I just couldn't keep anything down.  Got to come home last night.  Now just trying to keep track of all the meds I have to take for the first few days and walk.  I'm told it will be just a distant memory soon and I sure hope so.  Glad it's officially behind me and I'm now really going to become a new me!  Happy New Year!

PattyL
on 1/3/15 12:59 pm

Just walk and drink.  It takes time to recover!

Valerie G.
on 1/3/15 10:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Drinking is a full-time job right now.  64oz is your daily goal, and it's HARD the first few weeks.  It's not something, however, that you work up to, for your body will quickly dehydrate.   Try different flavors and temperatures, and everything wet counts, from water, tea, kookaid, soup, protein drinks.  I had a giant cup that I carried around and was constantly sipping.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

larra
on 1/4/15 3:00 am - bay area, CA

It sounds like your surgery was exceptionally difficult. Glad it's behind you now, and yes, the memories will fade as you move forward with your new life.

for now, just focus on staying hydrated and walking. The rest will come with time.

Larra