Acne post op please help

neatgurl
on 1/2/15 11:01 pm

I had my DS surgery about 3 years ago. I started having problems with acne about a year and a half post op. I've tried vitamins and different face wash. This is becoming a bit frustrating. Anyone else have acne problems after their surgery? If so what did you do about it? I need help please!!! Lol. I am thankful however that this is the only problem I have had. 

Valerie G.
on 1/2/15 11:29 pm, edited 1/2/15 11:31 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I believe Vitamin E benefits skin, but not sure if it does anything about acne.  That's more hormonal.

Now if it's acne all over and not just the face, it could be an adverse reaction to a vitamin.  I have found that some brands of vitamins with certain amounts of magnesium (Contained with Calcium Citrate)  cause my chest and neck to break out - but not so much my face...and it takes a couple of weeks to straighten back out.  Are there any new brands you've been taking?

My face will break out if I take 'too much' zinc, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

neatgurl
on 1/4/15 8:53 am

No there aren't any new brands that I am taking. I read to up the zinc and vitamin a. I tried that for a while but I am still having terrible breakouts. Thanks for your reply!

lolo100
on 2/4/15 2:41 pm - colorado springs, CO
DS on 10/13/15

I had a hysterectomy 2 yrs ago and started getting acne,  I was not in menopause yet, so it was a big shake up to my body.   I always had clear skin before.  My doc said it should go away after an adjustment period.  Well, it did not and i tried all sorts of different skin care products.  I started taking biotin for my nails, which also really changed for the worst after the hysterectomy.  My nails improved, but so did my face.  I still need to really clean my face well, but it stays clear if I do that and take the biotin.  I occasionally stop taking the biotin and i break out after being off for a couple days.  

PeteA
on 1/4/15 12:35 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I would think that it is a zinc deficiency. Have you had zinc checked in recent labs?
I can't think of anything else at the moment. I know my niece was told to increase zinc
when she got acne during her pregnancy and I've seen some people say it has helped
them.

Brandy G.
on 1/8/15 10:59 am
DS on 08/20/14

If Vitamin A and zinc don't help, try biotin. 

Also, I would see if I can find a pattern, if it isn't your diet, it is probably an allergy or hormonal. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Huneypie
on 2/6/15 11:01 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Low zinc and/or stress can cause break outs.  I take 200mg zinc picolinate a day and I did 3 minute 25% gylocalic acid peels (my skin cleared up, so I'm giving the peels a break).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS