How fast do you lose?

turkeylover
on 12/12/14 11:28 am

I know everyone is different, we all have different weight to lose and so on but can you give me an idea????    I read the sleeve  posts and seems like they are  losing very fast. Is the weight loss with the DS slower because of the bigger sleeve or is the weight loss just as faster due to the malabsoprtion? Or about the same.   I  have pretty much decided on the Ds for the long term results but want to  set real goals  for myself and not be disappointed. Thanks in advance. 

Valerie G.
on 12/13/14 2:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I would expect it to be the same.  Our stomachs aren't much larger than sleeve patients.  Mine started at about 2.5 oz.  I lost all of my weight in 14 months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

turkeylover
on 12/16/14 2:50 am

How much weight did you need to lose? How big is your sleeve now, do you know? 

Valerie G.
on 12/16/14 5:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I lost 145 lbs.  For capacity comparison, our sleeve starts about at the capacity of an egg.  Over the years it stretches to about the size of a soda can.  That's a considerable difference, but compared to the original size of a 2 liter bottle, still no where near where you started

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shawnern
on 12/13/14 3:08 am - Rochester, MN

I Had mine on November 24th and have lost 45 pounds already!

turkeylover
on 12/16/14 2:52 am

WOW,  that would make  me happy. I know the common channel is important but was just wondering about the size of the sleeve too.

SWEETMEL7
on 12/13/14 5:39 am - NY

Hi. I had surgery on 12/3/13. I was 268 lbs and now 115lbs. It took about ten months to get to 115lbs.  Im glad to say that I am stabilizing with the weight loss. .

in the first two weeks I lost 20lbs then I noticed once I was able to eat I started to loose 3/5lbs a week. .  I didn't realize how much weight I was dropping so quickly. In the beginning of may I was 164. In less than six months I dropped over 100lbs. From May to September/October I went from 164 to 115. I had really bad HBP , A1C started to increase along with chlosteral.  Everything is resolved now.   I have no complaints..

turkeylover
on 12/16/14 2:53 am

Thank you seems people are losing very quickly with the DS too.