got a call Dr. I recommend i would not qualify for DS.... Now what????

chienpoo1
on 12/7/14 12:27 pm

any suggestions or recommendations of  DS doctors with experience with revision from lapband to DS. I am willing to continue to look if he continue to push the  sleeve surgery on me. 

Star0210
on 12/7/14 9:19 pm
DS on 11/28/14

What state are you in?

chienpoo1
on 12/8/14 1:38 am

North, Dakota

TakeII
on 12/8/14 4:25 am - Aurora, CO
DS on 10/29/14

Hi Chienpoo,

I was in the exact same situation.  I live in Colorado and every doctor I met with gave me the same song and dance.  They told me that my insurance would not cover it because my BMI was too low and I was not showing any issues with my band (aside from the fact that I threw up for almost 5 years and have reflux).  The bottom line was they were either unable to do the revision to the DS or didn't want to be involved with getting the insurance approval.  In the end it was a blessing in disguise. 

I researched a number of different DS surgeons that were experienced in revisions.  I ended up having to go to Utah for my surgery but it was well worth it.  The surgeons office submitted my case to insurance and it was approved the same day (when everyone else told me it couldn't be......they didn't even TRY!).  I had my surgery 3 weeks later on October 29th.  I would not settle for anything other than the DS.  Don't give up, it is possible!!  

Shawnern
on 12/8/14 5:45 am - Rochester, MN

I just had my surgery two weeks ago at Mayo Clinic by Dr Kendricks. Maybe you should check him out. Dr Kendricks and Dr Kellogg both do revisions. Dr Kellogg is from the U of M. Good luck!

Shawn