When does the "Hit by the bus in the tummy" feeling stop?

klv2355
on 12/4/14 7:44 pm
VSG on 12/01/14

I had surgery 12/1 w a rough start...tonight the pain woke me up. I walked around living room, swallowed some water, and took some pain meds. I'm trying to get off pain meds, but it seems like every 6-7 hours I'm hurting...versus the 4 hour mark listed ok to take on bottle. Anyone else go through this? 

newlifetax
on 12/4/14 9:30 pm
DS on 10/27/14

You are only 4 days out.  I would say that still having pain is very normal.  I was in the hospital for 4 days.  I would expect that within a couple days, your pain will be manageable without pain meds.  

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 8:26 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

I'm 4 days out. Did you have bad pain in your chest when you drank that would someone's make your nauseated?

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

PeteA
on 12/4/14 11:55 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hah. I always thought of it as "why did I do 2000 situps" feeling.  For me I was able to taper off the 
pain meds at a little over 2 weeks. Even then There was still a position that as I got up or sat down
twinged but not enough to need the meds. Pain got a little better every day post-op but it was easier to 
walk around the first couple of weeks while still taking the meds.

I had liquid pain meds and used half the dose they prescribed since the full dose left me loopy. That was enough to 
keep the pain in check. I did the 4 hours because I thought it was unproductive to wait until it actually hurt.

Keep at it - it will pass. Congrats on your surgery.

Pete

Valerie G.
on 12/5/14 1:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Every day is a new day.  I was very listless for a good 4-5 weeks.  Keep walking, keep drinking (lots of drinking).  You may need pain meds for a few more days.  It's okay - you're allowed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

airbender
on 12/5/14 9:37 am

you had surgery 4 days ago?  wow you are really fresh PO they did just chop you up.  if you are on vicodin try to see if you can manage with tylenol (keep mindful not to overdose on acetominophin)  I didnt have much pain, but for the first week I wore an abdominal binder, loose, I didnt like the feeling of my insides feeling like they were bouncing all over the place, everyday will get better and easier