Drink and food at the same time BAD!

Shawnern
on 12/2/14 9:43 am - Rochester, MN

I am one week postop and I'm learning this game. Took a bite of some puréed spicy meatball then drink a sip of water and it didn't go well. Need help finding foods that puréed well. Thanks

Shawn

airbender
on 12/2/14 10:58 am

congrats Shawn on your surgery.  you are freshly PO, with plenty of swelling, to avoid nausea dont eat and drink your tummy is swollen and small.   remember this day because in a couple of years you will say you can eat like ogre.   I am going to assume since you are looking for puree foods that is the stage you are in.  a blender works great for this.  how about ricotta cheese that is easy, i would stay away from beef etc for a llittle while since that is known to be more difficult to handle.  I personally would not eat anything spicy so early PO.   how about plain chobani that should go down very nicely.  try different things what works for me wont necessarily work for you.  go slow, baby you new tummy, you will get there

PeteA
on 12/2/14 11:03 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I agree a little early for spicy. Also, remember you have a lot less room in your stomach then you
used to so for a while best to separate drinking and eating.

I pureed a lot of dark meat chicken at that point. I did tuna and egg salad with out having to puree.

I think hamburger/meatloaf would puree well too.

Pete

Shawnern
on 12/2/14 11:49 pm - Rochester, MN

Thanks y'all, I use to put hot sauce on ice cream! Now just a little spice blows me away. I always drank with my food so this is definitely a game changer

NoreenRT
on 12/3/14 8:23 am - Warner Robins, GA

No worries. This will pass, as will so many other things. I too loved hot sauce.  Couldn't touch it early out.  Now I have reacquainted my designer guts with the firy stuff and no problems.

right now your tummy has precious little real estate. Either eat or drink. Don't try to both at the same time. If you must, only tiny sips. You'll get full too quick.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Lyss Remaly
on 12/9/14 3:15 am - Wheeling, IL

a HUGE congratulations on your surgery!  It is a bit early for spicy foods... do you have a gall badder?  or did the Dr. remove it?  Please listen to your body and not your mind regarding the spicy and fried foods this early out. Also, with regards to eating and drinking at the same time.  I am almost 5 years out and I still cannot eat and drink at the same time, I end up tossing my cookies well I don't eat cookies anymore so I toss my chicken lol