DS vs Loop Ds

Forever1
on 12/2/14 3:55 am

Fantastic!!! I would be ecstatic if I was able to get half your results the first 5 months. For me that would be 75 lbs and put me at 335.. I am getting pumped with the hopes.

They say your taste buds change. Where you hungry. The first few months? Or did you have to remember to eat?.

jesse

SWEETMEL7
on 12/16/14 1:35 pm - NY

Im sorry for the delayed response!  For the first few months I had to and still make sure I eat. My portion size is much smaller than it used to be.  I have learned to make sure I eat every 3/4 hours.  The portion size is nothing like it was before surgery and im grateful!! I never thought I can get to 115 lbs bc the lowest  I have gotten to that I could remember was 145 lbs.  I never knew I was carrying over a 150 lbs of extra weight.. A friend of mine were talking about this and I told her I never knew I was carrying all that extra weight on my body.  It amazing because I have MS and feel the difference ,now. .

Forever1
on 12/17/14 8:45 am

No problem I appreciate your responding. I had my surgery last Tuesday the 9th. All went well and I was surprised how little pain. They said one would not feel hungry or desire food. That has been the case. I have followed the guidelines for week 1 and written it down. That has really helped. The results have been wonderful because as of this morning I have lost 23 pounds. I also can't believe my energy level. Talk to you later. 😋😋

SWEETMEL7
on 12/17/14 7:45 pm - NY

Congrats on  your excellent weight loss!!! I am a little over a year out and I still have no desire to eat. I make sure I eat something every 4/5 hours bc I know I have to not because im hungry. ..portion size is much smaller than it used to be. I enjoy home made Chilli , broiled filet of sole and skirt steak.  I really don't like chicken and turkey,anymore.  I only like home made chicken soup but thats it. For thanksgiving I had broiled filet of sole which I love. 

Star0210
on 12/2/14 6:22 am
DS on 11/28/14

I still think Mel that you had the traditional DS since you say you have a 125cm cc. 

I think you should call Dr. Roslyn's office and get a copy of your operative report. 

I'd ask them to look at your records and see what they say. A Sadi-s is not done with such a short channel. 

Your loss has been fabulous..and no doubt it would have been either way, but the 25 cm cc is a traditional DS.

SWEETMEL7
on 12/2/14 9:47 pm - NY

Hi. I have a 38 French bougie and 150 CC.if  my BmI was over 50 then the CC would've been 125 but since it was under 50 , I have a 150 cc.

lolo100
on 12/16/14 1:09 pm - colorado springs, CO
DS on 10/13/15

what great results! congrats!

Forever1
on 12/2/14 2:43 am

Thanks, keep up the good work. That gives me hope.

thanks

lolo100
on 12/2/14 1:18 pm - colorado springs, CO
DS on 10/13/15

I am contemplating using Dr. Metz.  I live in the Springs.  Please post how things went and what you thought about him.  There is another post in the DS forum about the loop:  Anyone had the SADi-S (Single-anastomosis-duodeno-ileal with sleeve gastectomy)

Best of luck with your surgery

Forever1
on 12/3/14 6:55 am

So far my feelings are Dr. Metz is a straight shooter with excellent patient skills. He was as ecited as I was to get the medicare insurance approval for the surgery as it required removal of my lap band and he had pretty much told me that from his experience it would not be approved. Of course I was very proactive and kind of squeaky wheeled the process. I would rate him top notch so far. I will keep you posted. Don't let the anti loop DS people warn you off. True it has not been around more than 7 years and there are no long term studies but all I have researched indicates the outcomes are the same with less complications. Every procedure is new at one time. Don't listen to them when they say it is experimental.