Home from my surgery

bitDaddy
on 11/21/14 8:59 pm
DS on 11/18/14

I got home yesterday afternoon after 4 days in the hospital. I got my DS. done by Dr. Jawad on 11/18. A few hours after waking up they got me up to walk a little, but pry wife said that she and the nurse had to keep waking me up. I have no idea what Kept me from falling. I ended up sleeping most of the first two days and had a hard time sleeping the last two. Overall the pain has not been so bad but the tylenol with codeine doesn't work nearly as well as the dilaudid I was being given in the hospital.I did experience some nausea in the hospital with one bout of dry heaves, but the nurse said that was common after walking while your body is still dealing with all that excess gas. After day 2, I had no real nausea issues.

Today is the last day of my clear liquids diet and tomorrow I can move to full liquids for the next 4 weeks. Already I am sure that it will be easier than pre-op because I have yet to feel hungry or desire food.

So that's where I am at right now. At my first appointment w/ the nutritionist I weighed 396 pounds and ended up at 380 when  I went in for my pre-op appointment but I have no idea what I weigh now. Once I feel more steady on my feet, though, I will jump up on the scale.

Shawnern
on 11/22/14 12:06 am, edited 11/22/14 12:06 am - Rochester, MN

Congratulations, glad to hear you made it home!I have surgery on Monday, so we are about a week apart and just about the same weight. Thanksgiving should be interesting for us. I hope all goes well and keep posting.

Shawn

Star0210
on 11/22/14 8:59 am
DS on 11/28/14

Congratulations!! 

Sounds like it went well...and you're right on track! 

Woohoo!

jason1978
on 11/22/14 10:20 am
DS on 06/24/13

Stay off the scale buddy. Just take care of yourself and move around to keep the blood flowing!

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171

Brandy G.
on 11/22/14 10:21 am
DS on 08/20/14

Wow!  You bring it all back.  It was a rough first month so just hang in there it gets better quickly. 

What I remember helping the most was walking then liquids then protein and then sleep and then there really wasn't any room for anything else for a long while.  Two months had passed before I had my first perfect day (water, protein, vitamins, exercise and diet.)   Just work on healing yourself and learning your new body. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

PeteA
on 11/22/14 10:57 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I found the full liquids to be filling enough and interesting just hinking about things I could take. Strained cream of mushroom!!!!

Don't be shocked by the scale. A lot of us gained weight form the fluids they push during surgery. Kind of a shock to me at the time.

Glad you are not feeling too bad. Keep drinking your liquids.