ds as revision, who's had it?

TexasLady52
on 1/2/15 10:45 pm
Revision on 06/10/14

Who is doing your surgery?   Make sure you go to a Dr that has lots of experience in DS.  Mine was done by Barker Bariatric there in Dallas.  I here dr A in Frisco is the best....he took over Dr Stewart's practice after he suddenly passed away.  You have to refrain from bread the first year....but most people eat it after 6 months.   You can pretty much eat anything you want after 6-12 months.  I went to the local DS support Christmas party and I was shocked as to what they ate....and drank.... I learned I needed to up my fat and what I was eating. ...I have been steady losing since.  You will have bad gas if you eat lots of carbs.  Your bowel movements smell horrible....but you don't have dumping.

shona67
on 1/3/15 3:39 am - Lancaster, TX

TexasLady52, this is so weird. Dr Daryl Stewart did my gastric bypass December 2005, last year I started to vomiting & having acid reflux & gaining weigt, so I went to medical City ER they did CT scan & found that my pouch was inflamed & i have a seep in my pouch, since Dr Stewart had passed & I live in Dallas, I went to dr Barker & he is supposed to do my DS, however I'm too scared because I know lots of people that had gastric by pass, the sleeve & lap band & the only people I've known to have a revision us te ones that had lap and & they slipped. I don't know of anyone having the DS & I've haven't read of dr barker doing any DS so now I'm undecided of what too do & Dnt want to loose 75+ pounds either. Thanks for your info & help, I'm one confused lady😫😩 

spuddzy
on 1/3/15 6:57 am - NY

so glad I switch from band to sleeve..12/12/14 was my surgery...Im so happy with the results.continue to loss daily. no more band problems. glad I had a slip and revised...

spuddzy

need2gethealthy
on 1/11/15 4:46 pm

Please keep us posted as to what you will have done.  I wish I could have my sleeve tightened but my Dr. suggests bypass.  I am looking for the best surgeon to do DS (but if the surgeon suggests tightening sleeve) I'll be happy with that.  If it doesn't prove to be what I need I can have the DS later.  Hopefully.  Looking for the best surgeon out there.  Thank you for your question as it's what I am looking for as well.  I'm taking advice of DS over any other.

Can I  become friends with you so I can follow your advice as well?  Thank you

Star0210
on 1/11/15 11:52 pm
DS on 11/28/14

I personally would never ruin a fully functioning stomach and pyloric valve by having RNY. That just makes no sense at all especially with RNY having such a high rate of regain. 

If your doctor is suggesting bypass and not DS, then I would find a new surgeon pronto. 

Not everybody is able to be re-sleeved. It depends on what your sleeve looks like now and what condition its in.

I had a partial re-sleeve when I converted to DS. The surgeon who did my original sleeve back in 2010 didn't touch the bottom part of my stomach at all and it was quite large. The top part of it was fine. 

You need a test to see what size your sleeve is now to know whether it can be tightened up and you need an experienced surgeon to do it.