Protein Drinks (flavored)

afoster1
on 11/10/14 4:30 am - Las Vegas, NV

Has anyone ever tried these?  If so, what do you think?

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/healthsmar t-fruit-drink-cran-grape-7-box-sucralose.html

Berta

We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.
PeteA
on 11/13/14 1:22 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I never tried but I took a look at the label info.
It's not bad for a change of pace as long as you can handle the sucralose sweetener. 

Looks to be more expensive than something like a protein powder mix with a little less bang
but 15gms of protein is nothing to sneeze at.

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/14 11:47 am

I'm 6 days post OP and immediately started Protein Drinks the day I arrived home. They are expensive and taste like hell. I now use the powder and skim milk instead. Works much better for me. Generally I feel really good so I won't bother drinking something that tastes aweful.

Brandy G.
on 11/16/14 2:57 pm, edited 11/16/14 2:58 pm
DS on 08/20/14

My doctor didn't want me on milk for a long while after surgery.  It isn't that easy to digest.  If you are having digestive upsets you might try just mixing things with water for a day and see if that helps.  Heavy cream is easier to digest, has few carbs and adds some nice DS friendly fat if you want to try for dairy. 

BUT the one thing I have seen on these boards is that one persons poison is another persons savior.   More power to you if it is working for you.  I just know sometimes it is hard to figure out what exactly is casing the problems. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views