Two weeks post-op

Susan D.
on 8/14/14 3:28 am - Topeka, KS
DS on 07/31/14

Hi All;

I am two weeks post-op and I feel pretty good. I did have a horrendous time with acid reflux even with being on Pepcid Complete, so I called my surgeon's office and they prescribed Prilosec for me, which has helped tremendously! I really think the key for me is to follow everything my doctor has said. 

The only thing I had trouble with was extreme pain right after the surgery--that surprised me, until I remembered that my last surgery (gall bladder removal) was 15 years ago, and I am 15 years older! I didn't bounce back like I did before. LOL 

I am so grateful for this site--it has helped me in my research for my BPD-DS as well as seeing how hard everyone who posts uses their surgery as the tool it is meant to be and is successful at it. It gives me strength as well as hope. 

Sunshine16
on 8/14/14 4:21 am

Awesome I am happy you are doing well, this will be an exciting experience from here..and so much to learn.  This is an awesome opportunity!

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

larra
on 8/14/14 8:39 am - bay area, CA

Congratulations on having your DS!

Pepcid was totally useless for me too, but prilosec did wonders. Almost everyone seems to need either prilosec or another PPI right after their surgery, so you are not alone.

Now just focus on staying hydrated and walking and you'll do great.

Larra

calendargirl
on 8/14/14 10:26 pm - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Good for you! 

I think I was on acid reducers for about 90-days post op, and then didn't need them anymore.  

Reading others' experiences here really helps you know what to expect.  You are on your way and it gets better day by day.

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

Most Active