DS & Carbs

Irishnurse
on 7/1/14 12:25 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Right around my one year mark.  I was taking a lot of prednisone as well around the one year mark to help with hemorrhoidal swelling. My body was just holding onto that weight. I also noted that I hovered right around my lowest weight in the last 20 years. IN other words I had not been below 200 pounds since my 20s. My body was holding onto it. Once it finally let go the weight just started dropping again. it was like my body was saying, "Heck no. You can never be skinnier than 200 because you have not been in 20 years." I think sometimes your body just has to adjust. I did lose inches though even though I did not lose pounds. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Valerie G.
on 7/4/14 12:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what affects you.  I am fine with many things, but some I can really count on to give me problems.  Pasta, more than a couple of bites, and onions, are some of those.  I enjoy bread and potatoes regularly, and make homemade cookies for our evening snack a couple of times a week.  I never was a carb-counter at all.  I just make it a point to get in my protein first when I eat, then some veggies, and always save a few bites for something sinful.  That way I never feel deprived.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active