I have been switched!!

AKI14
on 5/9/14 11:35 pm

I had my DS on Thursday.  Everything went great! Fluids are going down and I am doing my walking. Heading home in the next hour or so! I've had some pain, but it is starting to ease up. I'm just glad to be on this side now, and not the waiting for surgery side!

One step closer

msstaceya
on 5/9/14 11:58 pm - Orlando, FL

Congrats!!!!! I was switched on April 30th and I'm doing good. I was down 11lbs in a week at my 1st dr appt.  Best advice I can give you is take it easy and slow.  

BandtoDS
on 5/10/14 12:33 am

I am coming up on the 22nd.  Can either of you explain more about pain levels right after surgery, nausea (seeing a lot about it on here lately), how long both of these lasted or what level you are now, and anything you wish you had known?  Thank you for any info.

msstaceya
on 5/10/14 1:37 am - Orlando, FL

For me the pain was like falling down and scraping your knee...I stopped the pain medication in the hospital and have been home 6 days now and have only taken it 3 times since...it's mostly tender...don't worry you will do fine...I haven't had any nausea at all....

calendargirl
on 5/10/14 1:10 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Congratulations to you and those coming up.   You're on your way now!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

AKI14
on 5/10/14 1:42 am

I had serious nausea right after surgery, but very little since then. I am having more pain than I expected. I'm quite tender, and getting on and off the toilet seems to be the worst for the pain. I have been taking my pain meds quite regular.  I've had 2 other surgeries and didn't have pain, but this one I wasn't so lucky. I hope it continues to fade away!!

One step closer

msstaceya
on 5/10/14 4:02 am - Orlando, FL

Yea getting off and on the toilet was rough for me too...still is a little bit

BandtoDS
on 5/10/14 4:25 am

Thank you guys.  Not to make you get too graphic or anything, but what hurts with the toilet on/off ritual?

Sandiv
on 5/10/14 4:43 am

Congrats! Mine was April 30th. I'm still having pain mostly my left side. Getting up and down, couch, toilet,bed etc, but I also had hernia repair and adhesion( scar tissue) removal. So three major surgeries in one. 

msstaceya
on 5/10/14 5:29 am - Orlando, FL

the pain from getting up and down all of the toilet and also of the sofa or anything like that is from where your incisions were that's all and I also had a laparoscopic DS as well as hernia repair as well as gallbladder removal

Most Active