Great surgeon near Oklahoma?

StacyAnn07
on 1/5/14 11:37 am - Del City, OK

Hello all, I was hoping someone could refer to a fabulous surgeon near Oklahoma. I met with Dr. Stewart about a year ago and was so very saddened by the news of his passing. I was wondering if anyone had a surgeon they could recommend to me? I'm reading and doing researching but hearing opinions always helps too. Thanks so much in advance 

Stacy 

J J the Jet Plane
on 1/5/14 11:30 pm

Dr Bernita Berntsen and Dr Carlyle Dunshee II at Tallgrass Surgical in Topeka 

I hear Dr Stewarts replacement is really good. There is another surgeon in St. Louis who is a 20 year surgeon, but I am not sure of the years he has been doing the DS. des Peres Hospital south of STL, his patients speak highly of him and his skills, I think his name is Dr Smith.

I know there is a surgeon or 2 in Louisiana but not sure if their skills.

calendargirl
on 1/6/14 12:14 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Hi Stacy,

I second JJ's recommendation of Dr. Berntsen in Topeka, KS.   According to several other vetted DS surgeons, I was a challenging laparoscopic case but she was confident she could do it with no problems.  And she did.  She also did the DS for my sister.  Here's a link:  http://tallgrasstopeka.com/general/berntsen.asp

Note that the first step to get started with her group is to attend a seminar held one Saturday per month.  The next one is Saturday January 12 and the one after that is Saturday February 9.  Note that she will not necessarily be the speaker, and depending on who is, he or she may not necessarily promote the DS.  No problem... WE know it is the best of the best!  After you've attended the seminar, you can get your first appointment to see her.  http://www.tallgrasstopeka.com/bariatrics/seminars.asp

I hope you'll let us know what you decide... best wishes to you!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

StacyAnn07
on 1/6/14 11:59 am - Del City, OK

Thank you so much! I'm going to do some research on her!! :)

larra
on 1/6/14 7:02 am - bay area, CA

Dr. stewart's passing was a great loss. His practice has been continued with Dr. Ayoola, who trained witih and worked with Dr. Stewart and who seems to be very well regarded. You could call the practice and set up a consultation with him.

Larra

StacyAnn07
on 1/6/14 11:58 am - Del City, OK

Thank you so much! I think I will be calling Dr. Ayoola this week. I've had several people recommend him!

StacyAnn07
on 1/6/14 11:57 am - Del City, OK

Thank you all so much for your reply!! 

MissDee1
on 1/10/14 12:07 am - TX

Dr. Stewart was my dr until his passing.  I met with him and he was going to do my surgery.  I had my ds 1 month ago by his partner dr Aayola.  Wow is he just wonderful!!!!  Had my first post op with him yesterday.  Didn't want to leave he makes you feel so good.  Very understanding and personable.  And very well trained in his field.  My whole experience was outstanding as well at his practice in Frisco.  Forest park medical center was amazing!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/14 10:00 am
VSG on 03/26/14

Dr. Nelson and her staff are absolutely wonderful!!!

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 64 views