Looking for some deep down honesty and some hindsight as foresight

mdehart_ames
on 9/15/13 4:02 am - WA
DS on 06/11/13

My tummy is not happy when I eat hamburger or pork right now so I avoid it. Maybe eventually I will try it again but didn't want to take the chance of getting sick in the car!

Huneypie
on 9/15/13 4:45 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Shame. You do get away with more the further out you are so maybe in a couple of months you'll be OK with that sort of stuff.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

kat81
on 9/16/13 5:21 pm

What about a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun?

fattynNC
on 9/15/13 4:15 am
DS on 08/28/12

I didn't anticipate how much bathroom needs would rule my life.  I am always thinking how far is the bathroom?  Will this event cause there to be a line for the bathroom and will I be able to wait? 

I have avoided some activities because of potential bathroom needs.  I won't go boy scout camping with my family anymore because of my morning poo needs.

I am a very slow loser too but I am still glad it had the DS.

Huneypie
on 9/15/13 4:49 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Having to get up 30 mins earlier to poop isn't great, but that's usually it for me for the day.

Trying to work on a few minor deficiencies before they turn into anything big is a bit annoying given that I've been on the Vitalady program since I was 4 weeks out.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PattyL
on 9/15/13 6:55 am

I wish I would have known how truly metabolically challenged I was.  If I would have known I would have gotten a smaller sleeve and CC.  I asked for 50, the doc wanted 100 so we compromised on 75.  Should have held out for 50!

jashley
on 9/15/13 9:37 am
DS on 12/19/12

OMG!!  Ditto.  I told me doctor I wanted 100 cc (stupid, stupid), and he said he wanted to give me 50 cc.  He gave me a 75 cc.  I sooo should have taken the 50 cc! 

If I had known then what I know now, I would have begged for a 45 cc!

Angelique J.
on 9/15/13 2:31 pm - Allentown, PA

I am only just getting into the CC stuff now - why would you want a longer vs shorter cc? The video I watched with a well known DS revision surgeon said that he does 100 cc because they had less complaints of --- *sigh* smelly farts and oily stools. lol

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

MsBatt
on 9/16/13 12:26 am

Shorter CC, more malabsorption, basically. I'm a believer in the Hess method, where the small intestine is measured and the limb lengths determined for each individual. Sorry, I'm not certain of the exact formula. My surgical notes say my small intestine was 690 cms, and my CC is 90 cms.

jashley
on 9/16/13 11:34 am
DS on 12/19/12

I was scared of getting a 50cc because of the malabsorbtion.  I had read much debate about the shorter it is, the more vitamin deficiencies a person will have.  So I told him I thought 100cc was a good length, which it is.  I see more surgeons doing this length now.

But, If I had known how my body was going to continue to fight to hang on to every fat cell (and I should have known - I could not get below 200 lbs while starving before the surgery), I would have begged for shorter.  Some people fly to their goal weight, and some of us lose 50 lbs and have to fight from then on to get close to 80% of goal.  I didn't do this to 'get close'.