Isopure and Bubble Gut...

fullhousemom
on 5/20/13 10:04 am
I tried protein powder at 2 months out and it made me sick for days. At one and a half years out, I havent had any protein powder since. I get all my protein from food (and one protein bar in the morning). My labs are great. This early out you have plenty of protein in reserve. Drink (sip) lots of water, and enjoy some soft proteins. I ate cottage cheese, ricotta fluff, cheeses, eggs, etc. Not everyone supplements with protein powders. It is a choice.

Most of us are very intolerant to artificial sweeteners and milk products after surgery. Most, but not all, are able to enjoy milk products at a later date. I personally don't know if I can tolerate artificial sweeteners or not. I have no use for them anymore!
Irishnurse
on 5/20/13 1:58 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I love the nectar fruit flavors mixed with Lactaid or with water. So far they are the only ones that have not given me explosive diarrhea. I am also very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. =/

Nectar fruit flavors taste like really sweet koolaid though just to warn you. The twisted cherry and fuzzy navel are my fav but wooo they are sweet tasting. lol.

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Grammo
on 5/22/13 2:01 pm - Nashville, TN

If you are using the Isopure Clear Zero Carb, be aware it contains sucralose!  Sucralose gave me problems even before surgery.  I'm still loving The Isopure anyway right now as lately I have low protein issues due to lack of appetite from non DS related inner ear disorder and can't bear the thick shakes right now.  I am just dealing with it and hoping I will adjust and tolerate it better in the future.

Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130