Ditch the Scale!

PSaadallah
on 5/16/13 1:36 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I have read it so many times on this and other sites - don't rely on the scale to gauge how well you are doing after surgery - but I still find myself weighing every week.  And feeling depressed if the scale has not moved, or only a bit, after a week of eating everything correctly.  I did it again this week; weighed myself after returning from a short vacation in San Francisco.  Ate sensibly, WALKED everywhere for three days, but gained a pound.  BUT . . . I tried on my daughter's jeans as a joke to myself while doing laundry on Monday - and they fit!  I only lost about 3 pounds in an entire month, but I've gone down TWO pants sizes!  And I feel great, have a greater capacity for exercise, etc.

I don't really understand the science behind it, but it really is true.  And I am promising myself not to check my weight more than once a month from now on - and that's only just for curiosity and record keeping.

Don't let the scale affect your confidence!!

jashley
on 5/16/13 4:29 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Great post! 

I have the same issue with my scale.  I weigh myself every Sunday, and I can go weeks without dropping any lbs.  I stopped getting wrapped around the axel on it.  I do notice that clothes are getting bigger.

I should stop weighing and ignore it.

starlightlu
on 5/16/13 8:07 pm - Canada

"like"

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

JazzyOne9254
on 5/17/13 12:33 am, edited 5/17/13 12:33 am

You may have gained some muscle in addition to losing fat. 

Muscle weighs more than fat, so your exercise has paid off by burning the fat and replacing it with lean muscle tissue.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

jashley
on 5/17/13 12:55 am, edited 5/17/13 2:17 am
DS on 12/19/12

I know from past experience that eating low carb, and staying with it, actually made my abdomin shrink.  Carbs have a bloating effect on me.  So even though I don't lose any weight, my fat seems to shift off the gut and pants always fit better in the waist.

nicholivolkoff
on 5/17/13 4:37 am - Canada

Good post!!

woodkd
on 5/17/13 1:25 pm
DS on 06/19/13

Scales are evil, listen to your body and enjoy you NSV's!