I thought Crystal light was going to be safe for me. Is it????

Kandrus
on 4/21/13 5:21 am
DS on 05/28/13
This is so encouraging!!!!!! I was afraid I was going to have to give up Coke Zero forever . Thank you
P. Poster
on 4/19/13 4:38 am

Id love to know if they gave you a reason why? 

My surgeons postop DS plan was woefully lacking appropriate guidance for DSers too (when i had surgery, I do believe it has since changed as he has gotten on board with what we REALLY need) and I junked pretty much ALL of it.  It included things like 1200 or less calories a day, low fat, lots of fresh fruit, no soda, no straws, no gum, blah blah blah.  These are all "rules" for the band and RNY and people that do NOT have a "normally functioning stomach" like the VSG and DS do.  Other than the risks normies face with artificial sweeteners (cancer, etc), and the recent studies that show they can inhibit weight loss and/or cause gain- that EVERYONE faces- there is no reason, that I am aware of (other than personal discomfort) that we cant drink diet soda. 

That said- I lost well over goal, in 11 months, drinking at least one diet soda or diet tea per day.  I have maintained that loss other than a 10lb bounceback for over 2 years without issue and I eat nowhere NEAR close to low carb 99% of the time.  As I type this, I am working on a 12oz Diet Coke I opened at 11:30am.  It takes me all day to drink a soda pretty much, but I still have them and still enjoy them.